Having trouble viewing videos now that you've upgraded your iPad to iOS7? - a solution, we think.

michelew

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:46 am

Well I have a solution for you. Install the Chrome app. It's free. And then view TG through it rather than Safari (which I've always used). The video links seem to work now.

Thanks Jameela! Great advice.

Who knew you could get a solution for a tech problem if you put in a ticket? :)

I hope this helps those of you who are still having the same problem I was.

M

Update: I spoke too soon. Sometimes it works, sometimes I just get a big white square. ... Oh well at least sometimes is better than none.

I hope you all have better luck. Let me know if you work out the whys of when the links work versus when they don't.

M (puzzled)

Go to the 9th and 10th post - chrome plus pressing the thread til you're offered a new tab, and going there, seems to be working.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:57 am

Thanks for the heads up on this continuing OS7 story Shel... I won't update my phone until I hear an all clear...

Reminds me of the good olde days of computing when every second program wouldn't work or be compatible with something.... I'm feeling all warm and nostalgic! :laugh:

michelew

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:57 am

You're welcome Chris.

Actually, TG videos and YouTube videos on the forum and videos imbedded in emails are the only thing I'm having trouble with now, I think.

michelew

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:57 am

...and accidentally hitting the back button and posting the same response twice... Oops! :)

auntlynnie

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Michele,
I too, am having a bit of trouble with the iPad upgrade.
Previously I just had to keep hitting the link several times.
now I'm getting the white screen also. But sometimes it works and I don't know why.
I'm going to give Chrome a try.
Thanks,
Lynn

michelew

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Let me know if you work out the circumstances when it works. I find myself watching videos on my Mac, when I'm home, instead. It's really cut down my video watching.

Oh well...

michelew

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Lynne,

I've cleared the cache of Safari and it seems to be working now.

Thanks Jameela for all your patience.

To clear the cache on your iPad go to settings, the the safari page then 'clear cookies', 'clear history'. I'm not sure if they are both required, but it worked for me. I'll let you know if it stops.

BTW - I had upgraded to 7.0.02 which apparently fixed the bug (though I hadn't cleared the cache at the time and so the fix wasn't making a difference for me) and I've since upgraded the operating system to 7.0.03.

I hope this helps you too.

Shel

michelew

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:54 pm

OK ... I'm an idiot! I didn't test it enough before posting again. Clear the cache, videos work then they don't white space. Clear the cache, they work then they don't. Ow tech can SO suck sometimes.

Blah, blah, blah.....

BobR

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi Michele,
I've had a ticket in on this and cleared the cache as you did and have the same issue.
One view clear the cache repeat ... Annoying

Bob

BobR

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:28 pm

I just wanted to let you know that I can view videos on the iPad if you just touch and hold the title until it ask to open in another tab. If you open the tab it will show and play the video. Not the best but at least you don't need clear the cache every time. O'h I did this in Chrome and have not tried in Safari yet

Bob

Edit No Safari does not appear work the same

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic