More than one art ... show me yours, I'll show you mine

cosmicmechanic

Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:10 am

Lots of us on TG have a similar history ... interest in guitar was put aside for whatever reasons, then it became possible again.

But music is not the only art, right ? Is there some art-form that you were/are passionate about besides music ?

Are there any works of your own art that you would like to share, whether recent or ancient ?

That is, regardless of the medium ... whether paint, or photo, planks and nails ... etc, your creation (!)

I'll go first ... way back when, I actually considered myself a painter until I (ugh !) ceremoniously put away my equipment for reasons similar to music.

I wasn't a photo nerd, so very few mementos remain of the paintings I made ... but some, nonetheless.

Here goes one (you can click, and even re-click on different areas to see better) ...

tombo1230

Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:14 am

This is great! You have an obvious talent. Even if you can only paint once a week........then you should.

Don't waste a real gift. :)

Tom N.

michelew

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:55 am

Beautiful Pierre! It reminds me a lot of Monet, who's work I love, especially the pinks and the bridge.

I used to dabble in acrylics and pastels, ... Well water colours too, but mine are very basic in comparison to your beautiful piece. WOW!

Nice topic.

Shel

willem

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:57 am

nice Pierre,,its a fire,,right,,

I did have many hobby's in my life and you can see that more as a handy man,,re-build a house,,build a yacht,,many things with animals(lizards-vis-birds etc)..even flowerart(I had a flowershop for 20 years)

Now its only guitar and a choir..

I do like to look a round and see if I can make a special picture with my smartphone,,what I exactly mean is this what I called ''contrast'' Image

daryl

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:19 am

My "creativity" is to repurpose things.....

I've made a couple of guitar stands from Nordic Track machines. Here's one:

And a drum carder from another Nordic Track machine:

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:43 am

Y0urs is an album cover waiting to happen Pierre... ask Jody Mitchell if she is interested ;-)

Daryl, don't be modest, show us the barn you made...

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:53 am

I have always been interested in graphic design and studied art at school. Well, its almost art, certainly a design as I have intellectual copyright registered on it (industrial design) and I sold the design to the world's biggest squash court makers, ASB Babinsky back in the 90's and it did kick off a flood of coloured squash courts around the world. It was actually a coaching tool as it comes with a whole catalogue of games for learning squash skills. It was marketed as the ASB Rainbow Court. I guess I am proud of the fact that I am probably the only squash or tennis coach to have his own court! Sometimes you do good in life! ;)

daryl

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:50 am

Here's the "barn" I think you're referring to (it's actually a greenhouse):

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:11 am

Yep that's the one Daryl, a mighty job! I'd never be able to produce something like that!

michelew

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:32 pm

My gosh, we really DO have some wonderfully creative people here at TG.

Willem - nice eye for the clash between old and modern, rough and smooth, dark and light, order and disorder, and the bicycle peeping around the corner and linking the two parts of the picture suggests a story all of its own. You could write a song about that picture.

Chris - WOW! That's one hell of an achievement. Too cool.

Daryl - I always knew you were a talented man. Those re-purposings are very clever and very interesting. I have to say that that is the most BEAUTIFUL greenhouse I've ever seen. The girls are very lucky to live in such a palace in the Winter. Being a gardener myself, I especially like the utility that the lovely house provides too.

I'm enjoying seeing these and learning more about the other passions in your hearts and minds.

Thanks for sharing.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic