More than one art ... show me yours, I'll show you mine

lueders

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Pierre -Man, pick up those brushes, get the easel out, set up your canvas, brew some coffee and paint all night! :) :) Nicely Done!

Daryl- Man, you're QUITE resourceful and handy. I need you around here.

Chris- Wow, royalty moneys trickle in all the time I'll bet?

cosmicmechanic

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Hey friends, your encouragement is much appreciated ...

Tom, I do miss doing visual arts ... time ! Maybe I'll take your advice :)

Michele, I get the Monet reference, but back then I was kinda into being the reincarnation of Van Gogh.
But the surrealists were tugging hard, too. C'mon, want to show us a sample of your creations ?

Willem, I think the fire is in the mind of the beholder ... something's going on, but .... !
Nice photo of yours. There are so many interesting urban esthetics. I love photos of church steeples and graffiti.

Daryl, does that mean you gave up on more than one exercise resolution ?
This sure beats holding garage sales with unwanted equipment :) I just learned what a drum carder is !
Beautiful structure, that cathedral you built ... I am in awe. Didn't know you could do that with a bunch of old Ab-Masters !

Chris, this is such an elegant concept ! I just did a quick google of "ASB Rainbow Court" ... worth reading more about !

Cori, I strongly suspect that you have committed some visual artworks ... am I right ? ... admit it ? :side:

Pierre

michelew

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:40 am

Pierre,

Yes, I almost edited my post to say yours was heavily influenced by Van Gogh. Yours was much happier and playful so I went for Monet instead.

Here's one of mine.

Actually, another of my passions is gardening and Australian native orchid. I'll post some pictures of the hanging boards I've created. It's a long term project.

hmmm...I'm not having much luck posting the orchid boards. I think my photos are too big. I'll take some new ones on the weekend.

M

neverfoundthetime

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:28 am

Wow, Shel, that is some serious artwork! Is that crayon or chalk you used? Not oil or water colour, right? Wow! More please.

Pierre and Shel, lovely pics, Daryl your art is self sufficiency and Willem, you should do more on that theme of contrast, good idea.

Thnx for the positive comments folks. Pierre, it is a whole teaching concept and my main focus was the coaching content which I also had to present in a visual form of game-cards (I'll see if I have a digital example handy), that's what I'm proud of... but it was the coloured court which captured the imagination of ASB. They realised they could break into the world market with such a USP and they did but they never really "got" the depth of the coaching idea, it was other coaches who understood that. Still, we made good partners. On the business side Cori, yes it made serious money for me. Deal was made in 15 mins and sealed with a hand shake!

willem

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Michelle thats a wonderful Amarylis!!! the bike on my pic is a mistake but I love your story on that picture,,mmm art eh,,there must be a story..how is your cooking!!!

Chris aint that great to look everyday at your idea..I like the colors..

Daryl,,recycling eh,,,man that barn,mmm BARN??? its a castle in my eyes..

Willem

cosmicmechanic

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Michele, you should give yourself a lot more credit. That's quite a beautiful rendering. Lots of technique, there !
And like mine, you managed to cover the little numbers under the color very well :P

... used to be so patient, eh ? Was a time not so long ago when quality images were fewer and more far between.
Today there are ways of making, sampling, and reproducing (quality) images so much faster.

I'm still trying to decide what approach and medium is worth the time and effort: traditional, modern tech, or hybrid ?

And it's gotta be a thrill !

Pierre

PS: Would love to see the other photos you mention !

michelew

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:19 am

Chris, Willem, Pierre,

Thanks guys! :) :blush: that's great to hear.

It seems that I only ever really have time for one obsession at a time. :) it's currently music...Actually I'm beginning to think I'm in a puppy phase given the amount I'm playing at the moment. :)

Chris - it's drawn with pastels. It's like chalk but is essentially pure pigment with enough binder to allow it to be formed into a stick. I have a couple if others picture on my walls but they are under glass, which makes it hard to photograph them. The one I posted is my best.

Willem - thanks :)

Pierre - thanks, that means a lot to me especially after seeing your work. Those numbers are so darn handy aren't they. ;) I used to really enjoy the experience of seeing the picture and the depth develop as you laid down many layers of colours and highlights and shadows. But I also wonder why it's worth spending so much time trying to develop realistic looking images when photograph is getting so easy.

Shel

lueders

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:47 am

Beautiful, Michele....I had no idea you were Georgia O'Keefe! :) :) :)

And Pierre, Thomas Kincaide....had no idea you were all so talented in the visual arts!

Great post and great to see everybody's non-guitar related talents!!

Cori

Max

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Here's a 3D graphic I created a few years back for a singing group called "After Eight".

Max

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:11 pm

And here's the Guitar I built last year, currently working on a '59 Gibson Les Paul replica.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic