thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Willem Wrote:
Dutch weather till now..
Spooky lightening

:ohmy:

jcrocket

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Currently -8° F (-22° C) here in NW Ohio. Seriously considering canceling tonight's cookout (I know Scott, we're a bit soft around these parts).

Heading for Key West tomorrow, so it's all good - assuming we can get to the airport ok.

Jeff

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Great weather for snuggling up to a warm guitar for sure!

Craig

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi Chris, I hope all is well with you!

I'm in San Diego and actually broke a sweat mowing my lawn this afternoon... sorry! However, my warm thoughts (along with Jason's) go out to all of my cold weather TG friends.

Craig

AndyT

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:08 am

We actually broke 60 and got into the high 50's here in the islands the last couple of nights. It may not be much to you (or me either having lived in Michigan) but its a major freeze here.

Hydroman52

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:29 am

Hey everyone,

It's been sort of cool here the past few days. Right now, it's -18 F. Not too bad, but there's a 15 - 20 MPH wind pushing it, and that puts the wind chill in excess of -41 F. Yesterday morning, the temperature got down to -23 F with the same windy conditions. Or band had a rehearsal scheduled for 2:00 PM, yesterday, but had to cancel after Drummer Kim and I couldn't get our vehicles started. I had dropped a hair dryer into the engine compartment (that usually does the trick) and worked on it for nearly an hour without success.

Last week (New Year's Eve day - the 31st), our band played at a tavern in the country from 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM. This was officially billed as a "Happy Noon Year" party (we counted down the new year at noon). We set up at 9:00 AM (temperature 4 F), people started showing up at 10:00 AM (temperature 4 F) , sound check at 11:15 AM (temperature 4 F), break-down/load up at 4:00 PM (temperature 5 F). The place was packed, and, when we started playing it got quite warm. They opened some windows, ran some fans, and people who were going outside for smokes were letting the cold air inside. But when we hit our dance songs, the place started hopping, and I had to tear down to my t-shirt to stay cool. Everyone was unleashing a bunch of energy, and it was giving off heat. We were set up in a corner. The dance floor was just the floor immediately in front of us, and people were jumping around within a foot of my mic stand. At one point, it felt like I was standing on a trampoline, because the floor was bouncing and my gear was visibly rocking back and forth. I was a little concerned that we all might wind up in the basement. It was pretty cool. We just kept on playing.

Today is supposed to be in the subzero range again. By the weekend it should be in the mid 30s, and we have another gig on Saturday night. We'll probably be wearing Hawaiian shirts and shorts!

Hydroman52

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:40 pm

I'm not at all begrudging of any warm sunshine out there Craig, very happy that at least some folks are having nice weather! If its not warm in San Diego, we're all in trouble! Apparently we are having a very warm winter... could have fooled me as it snowed many times in the lowlands since end of October but we are up at 8 degree Celsius today and getting warmer. Hydro, Sounds like keeping warm through the bodies of dancing people while you play guitar is just about the best way to handle any cold-snap!

Good to hear from you folks... maybe our antipodal friends will be posting some sun and surf pics soon.

Chris
PS: Apparently, we are expecting Werewolves too...

Craig wrote:
Hi Chris, I hope all is well with you!

I'm in San Diego and actually broke a sweat mowing my lawn this afternoon... sorry! However, my warm thoughts (along with Jason's) go out to all of my cold weather TG friends.

Craig

dekotaj

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Northern Illinois about 17 below. 40 to 50 below with wind.

Thank God for remote starters!!!!

Kev

michelew

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:39 am

I can't fathom how cold it must be in mid US at the moment. I have the numbers, but my brain just goes..... Ahhhh.... What the!

Surf and sun, I wish. About a week ago it was in the mid 30s oC here, mid 90s oF. But since then it's been pretty cool for this time of year, in the low 20s oC, currently 21 oC (70oF). That's a winter temp for us. It's been REALLY windy and quite wet too. We have had sun and blue skies interspersed with that, but nothing too warm.

I really hope it warms up soon for you folk who are experiencing the deep freezer at the moment. Stay safe.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic