gig bag for a guitar??

wiley

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:03 pm

bc-10g, nylon, 3/4 size - Ottawa, Canada - asking $75us, w/soft case!

bd-jr-b, nylon, 3/4 size (says 'junior' size - whatever that would mean?) - Victoria, Canada - sold - $35us, w/strap

bc-10 - "fair" condition, nylon string, 18 fret, California, - sold - $71us + shipping

The BC-10g models look like the photos you have, what the difference would be in the 10 vs 20 of the models, who knows? Sticking with the norm, most likely a bit better grade and/or a bit more 'bling-bling' like a shinier/fancier rosette?

So, $35us > $75us seems fair?? I really have a clue not, can't find a review anywhere!!

One caution about low level 'classical' pieces. First - they are what they are, and as such the neck and fretboards are usually non-truss rod type. Meaning the neck goes wacky - only a very expensive/time consuming way to 'fix' it, this piece will not be worth the money. I bought something like this outside a convenience store once, knew the guy actually - he wanted $100us, I had $40us on me, I knew the piece was his and it was a 'wall hanger'. The thing was and still is unplayable past the twelfth fret (joins the body at the twelfth) so, it's a plunker - the grandkids and such get a hang out of it.

Do it, and if it don't work out - maybe you can be the first to video how well an acoustic guitar can substitute for a snow sled ehh? We use cardboard boxes down here ya' know!

AcousticAl

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Good advice Wiley!

I've also always wanted to smash a guitar for no reason, so maybe this can be the one!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

RicksPick

Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi Al
I have a beater which I leave a work
It is at risk of being trashed in/on my workplace
so with this guitar I wont lose sleep
good luck

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:07 am

I've also always wanted to smash a guitar for no reason, so maybe this can be the one!!
Al
Done that! Hope I'll never do it again....

jayswett

Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:51 pm

My suggestion: make the trade. If the guitar sounds nice, play it or give it to someone. If it doesn't sound nice, it sure looks lovely enough to hang on your wall. I'd be willing to bet your soft gig bag isn't doing much useful at the moment. Regardless, let us know what you decided to do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic