Hi tablet users!!

willem

Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:26 pm

My experience is ask here and you get quick answers,,useful answers..

I have a new tablet that came with a new contract,,samsung TAB3 (android)

Question: which useful apps do you use for your music/playing guitar/scores/sheetmusic etc..I have the Gpro thing!! but I want to research some other stuff maybe you have experience with one they call '' iREAL PRO'' etc,,,thx

Willem

Hydroman52

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:03 am

Hi Willem,

I use Guitarist's Reference HD for finding chords, scales, triads, etc. There is an app just called Guitarist's Reference, but I think the HD version is designed for the tablet format. I bought the paid version a long time ago and have used it quite a bit. This app handles alternate and custom tunings, but it only handles major and minor modes (no Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, etc.).

I prefer teleprompter scrolling music notes rather than page turning or .pdf files, so I am using Guitar Tapp Pro (paid version) and have a Cicada Page Flip pedal connected via Bluetooth for better control.

I have spent a lot of time trying out different apps for guitar, and these are the two that I use the most.

Hope this helps,
Hydroman52

willem

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:47 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
Hi Willem,

I use Guitarist's Reference HD for finding chords, scales, triads, etc. There is an app just called Guitarist's Reference, but I think the HD version is designed for the tablet format. I bought the paid version a long time ago and have used it quite a bit. This app handles alternate and custom tunings, but it only handles major and minor modes (no Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, etc.).

I prefer teleprompter scrolling music notes rather than page turning or .pdf files, so I am using Guitar Tapp Pro (paid version) and have a Cicada Page Flip pedal connected via Bluetooth for better control.

I have spent a lot of time trying out different apps for guitar, and these are the two that I use the most.

Hope this helps,
Hydroman52

Thank you Rick,,It looks very useful and will check them out,,I think paid versions are the best..the free ones are mostly teasers..

Willem

EDIT: Guitar tapp Pro was just fine,,, the Guitarist's reference HD was'nt right for my tablet(it did not fit right on my screen)..

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Willem

:ohmy:

willem

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:49 am

Dermot :laugh: :laugh: :ohmy: B) you're absolute right and do we need it?

But really that Guitar Tapp Pro thing is just great and when you know the song you know its the right score/tab/fake? thing.. you type the song name and you get it..

Willem.

ps Don't want to many apps 'Cos you're easely distracked.. :P B)

thereshopeyet

Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:42 am

Willem Wrote:
you're absolute right and do we need it?
But really that Guitar Tapp Pro thing is just great and when you know the song you know its the right score/tab/fake? thing.. you type the song name and you get it..ps Don't want to many apps 'Cos you're easely distracted..
Willem, technology, it's too easy to get distracted, I always have good intentions to use it
but often it's overlooked.

I'm just jealous you have a nice tablet ;) :P

Dermot

willem

Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Looking/searching,,a few days futher,,,etc,,, pffffff

I think I found a real good app for carying my music on my tablet,,there's also a PC companion so you work it out on PC too..

Have a look here,,

http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/

Cheers

Willem

jimcjimc

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:01 pm

I know this comes up on the forum every so often, so I searched on apps and found this thread.

1) Anyone have experience with an app called Capo Touch ?? I did just purchase it for an iphone and am trying it out. If you have a song in itunes, it shows you the chords. http://supermegaultragroovy.com/products/capo/ios/

2) I purchased forscore on an ipad last year and am just getting around to putting music sheets on it.

3) Does anyone have any suggestions for things you would like on a guitar or music app? I have an IOS developer's license and have taken some online classes and played around with some sample apps and thinking about what I could develop in my spare time.

Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic