Shameless plug for Dennis's new book

jcrocket

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 am

Dennis -

Just finished your book, and I enjoyed it immensely. You've led a very interesting life, my friend - thanks for sharing it with us. More than once you had me laughing so hard I was in tears. As I said in the Amazon review I posted, your experiences would make for a great Coen Brothers movie.

To everyone in TG-Land, I heartily urge all of you to buy and read this book. All it will cost you is a few bucks, a few very enjoyable hours of your time, and any fondness you may have for Milk Duds...

Jeff

dennisg

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:33 am

Hah ... Milk Duds! Maybe I should market "If I Only Had a Brain" as a diet book.

Jeff, thanks so much for buying and reading the book, and for your very enthusiastic review on Amazon. I really appreciate that you took the time and made the effort to do all of those things.

BobR

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:44 am

Hi Dennis,

I finished your book last night and I must say it was very interesting indeed. I really enjoyed it from start to finish. Thanks for sharing your life experiences. Too bad about you didn't get the photo exactly the way you wanted from Germany ;)

Bob

dennisg

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:20 pm

Bob, that's very nice of you. I really appreciate it. There are a lot of opportunities from that period of my life that I regret not taking advantage of, but then I wouldn't have a book otherwise.

MarkM

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:02 pm

Dennis,

Hey Pal. Just wanted to inform you that you are officially my very first author that I have electronically paid for and downloaded from Amazon. Although I'm a big proponent of holding a real paper book in my hand, I wanted to support such a find story teller. As I've said before, this book is just fantastic. Kind of hard to express in words for us challenged in the fine art of descriptive writing but in plain English, this book simply puts a smile on my face and makes me chuckle out loud. Congrats!!!! I'm looking forward to your next story.

MarkM

willem

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Well Dennis,after so many good replies I should give it a gooooooooooo (digital)and try to understand...

Willem

dennisg

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:24 pm

Mark: Wow ... thank you so much for the support and enthusiasm. Writing a book is hard work -- a lot harder than most people think -- but it's incredibly rewarding to have people enjoy it.

Willem: I'd love for you to read it, but I wonder if the language might prove to be a real challenge, and you may be spending a lot of time with a dictionary.

dennisg

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:43 pm

A lot of people have been asking me when a paperback version of the book will be available. The short answer: now.

So, for all of you who've steadfastly remained Nookless, iPad deficient or Kindle-free, now you can enjoy the most fun you've ever had with paper since you were potty trained.

Thanks in advance for your support.

familyman4

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:12 pm

I am very happy that this topic resurfaced on the forum today. I have a 12 hour flight this week so I just went on and downloaded the book onto my IPad. Dennis, you will help keep me entertained over the ocean.

Can't wait to finally have some time to read your book!
Bart

tombo1230

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:37 am

familyman4 wrote:
I am very happy that this topic resurfaced on the forum today. I have a 12 hour flight this week so I just went on and downloaded the book onto my IPad. Dennis, you will help keep me entertained over the ocean.

Can't wait to finally have some time to read your book!
Bart
Hi Bart,
I have to warn you. If you are travelling with family, expect to get a poke in the ribs from your missus when you burst out laughing on a quiet plane (more than once).
It just happens without warning. :unsure: :)

Great book Dennis! Had me in stitches. :laugh: :laugh:

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic