Shameless plug for Dennis's new book

tombo1230

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:43 am

Hi Dennis,
congratulations on your new book. I clicked on the Amazon link and did what I always do before buying a book,
I had a look inside at the preview pages. After a few sentences I found myself laughing loudly and really enjoying your
work. Your style of writing is very honest and funny. I find when I am reading a good book I see pictures as I progress through it.
I was getting those visual cues, so your book looks like a winner to me. It took me back to my own school days. My younger brother
was hit in the forehead with a golfball when he was young, explains a lot! :laugh:

I will purchase it tonight when I get home.

All the best and well done! B)

Tom N.

dennisg

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:52 am

Dermot: No new guitar articles. Busy at work on my second book, which is absolutely nothing like the first one.

Tom: Thanks so much for your very kind words and for buying the book. That makes me happy. And I hope you feel the same way at the end of the book.

thereshopeyet

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Hello Dennis

What's your next book about ?
Would you need to shoot me if you told me?
:ohmy:

BobR

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Dennis,
Like Tom, I did the preview and I was hooked. I just bought it and am ready to see where you take me. I couldn't help laugh out loud as I read when your dad had the divot pffft go much further than his golf ball while your brother was already on the next hole

Congratulations
Bob

tombo1230

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:16 pm

BobR wrote:
Hi Dennis,
Like Tom, I did the preview and I was hooked. I just bought it and am ready to see where you take me. I couldn't help laugh out loud as I read when your dad had the divot pffft go much further than his golf ball while your brother was already on the next hole

Congratulations
Bob
I like the bit about the two tone golf shoes, brilliant!

Tom N.

dennisg

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Craig: That was nice of you to say and I really hope you enjoy the book. It was fun to write, so I can only hope that you think it's a good read.

Bob: As a humor writer, it's a lot of fun imagining people sitting and reading my book, letting me take them on a journey into my very odd life. Thanks for getting on board.

Dermot: No sane writer would spell out the subject of a book on the internet he or she hasn't finished writing yet. Even I wouldn't do that. The most I can reveal is that it's a novel, all fiction, sometimes funny, and it's set in Seattle.

Tom: I enjoy hearing about what you think is funny. I've read some of these chapters out loud to audiences, and I have a feel for where the laugh lines are because the audiences responded to them, but you never know how a reader will react to them.

tombo1230

Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:41 am

dennisg wrote:
C
Tom: I enjoy hearing about what you think is funny. I've read some of these chapters out loud to audiences, and I have a feel for where the laugh lines are because the audiences responded to them, but you never know how a reader will react to them.
The funniest part about the two tone shoes wasn't that you were landed with a problem and used a five year olds logic to improvise, that was funny in itself, but maybe even funnier was that although you didn't see the outcome of your actions coming, your experience at that age told you that you had to scarper pronto, or you would be in for it! :laugh:
That made me laugh more, because I think I had already guessed what was coming with the polish situation. I had this vision of a very small Dennis (The Menace) looking over his shoulder as he fled the situation. :laugh: :laugh: Very funny!

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Dennis Wrote:
No sane writer .......
;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Catman

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Bought and read it a few weeks ago.

I'm letting it simmer (or is that fester?) a bit more before I read it again and write an appropriately scathing review :)

David

PS: I enjoyed it immensely and recommend it highly.

dennisg

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Catman wrote:

I'm letting it simmer (or is that fester?)
I think the word you're looking for is metastasize.

Thanks, Dave. I appreciate you liking the book and recommending it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic