Fantastic 25 minute McCartney Video

daryl

Fri May 23, 2014 7:05 pm

I'm a sap. This video brought me to tears (as many of McCartney's concert videos do). I hope some of you can enjoy this video (as much as I do).....

and another concert:

haoli25

Fri May 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Great find, Daryl. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Bill

cosmicmechanic

Sat May 24, 2014 1:45 am

Daryl, thanks, this brings back fond memories.

I was so fortunate about 2 years ago to see Paul in an amphitheater venue, in a near center row on ground level ... saw the whole show and special effects as they were optimally meant to be seen ... still haven't found my socks, should have taped them on, I guess. :blink:

So, Paul played 2 consecutive nights that time, and (lucky again !) I returned the following evening, got MUCH cheaper last-minute side seats, this time slightly BEHIND the front of the stage.

But it was STILL GREAT ... this time, it was as if I could see under the magician's table: the mechanics of the special effects that had left me wondering the night before were open to view from this vantage point. For example, catastrophic comets of fire hurtling across the stage (front view) became something quite more manageable and understandable from the side view.

But, my idiosyncratic anecdote:

Obviously, IPhone cameras are on all over the place at a concert like this.
I had only crappy video (washed-out by lighting) from night one,, so for the 2nd performance, I chose to borrow my son's better quality video camera, which I had never seen.
... it turned out to be something you hold "kinda like a gun" while you video your "target" :woohoo:

So then: Imagine being seated about 10 rows side stage, being constantly stared at by a whole BAD-ASS security squad on the floor before you.
There's lots of 'em, serious suits, with walkie-talkies. Each member is assigned to survey just a portion of this nearby audience, with GRIM face of course.

Then you begin to take out your "video camera" from your pocket, and motion to point it at the stage (like a gun) ...
You then see that more than one of the security personnel stiffen, and immediately move a hand towards the bulge under their armpits.

So then, what do you do ? Stop ? If so, does that mean that you have something to hide ?
So, play it cool ... continue as if all is well ... film a bit ... hope you don't get shot (!) ... then put the damn thing away !

This sure did bring to my attention that Paul needs protection, even in a joyful party atmosphere ... he knows that some of his friends could have used some, also. :(

Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 24, 2014 4:26 am

Thanks Daryl. Being at a McCartney concert is just something you HAVE to have done. Really special and those clips capture the vibe perfectly. Like Pierre, I 've been to the first night and just HAD to go to the second too!

thereshopeyet

Sun May 25, 2014 4:04 am

Thanks

Brilliant video !

:)

pbraun

Thu May 29, 2014 9:21 am

Going again to see Paul next month I can't wait. Heard he had to postpone 2 dates in Japan last week so I hope he gets well soon. I have seen him many times and I have to say the my favorite was a few years ago in an outdoor concert, by far the best way to enjoy him. And to top it off the tickets were $75.00 each, I am paying 3 times that for this one, but I HAVE to go!
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic