What are you dreaming ?

willem

Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:34 pm

What are you dreaming of and you think getting a lot of fun with?
I work a lot or puzzle a lot to play something else then playing the same thing with two guitars

:) B)

daryl

Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:52 pm

No dreams. No fun. Haven't played in months. :(

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Hard winter, Daryl ? I sure can get that possibility.

At least playing guitar helps me balance some of my own doldrums.

But not playing at all ! :(

Man, you have so much talent ! Not playing at all ! ?? Sheesh !

Be well ... (pm soon),
Pierre

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:02 pm

Willem, besides wanting to be able to play more tunes and better, I dream of playing with as little self-consciousness as possible ...

Like, I dream of having the kind of confidence for busking.

When I've been on vacation and played campfires for a week, I feel some of that "maybe", "what if" ...

anyway, that's the start of an answer :)

Pierre

michelew

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:04 am

daryl wrote:
No dreams. No fun. Haven't played in months. :(

Oh no! That's just ....unnatural. :(.

You need a project my friend. Urgently! Maybe we should start a SOS thread to seek suggestions to give CPR to your motivation and bring it back to life.

... That's too sad.

OK I'm thinking a mix of Beatles, Paul Thorn and some kookie ukulele. Not sure where it's going but I'll let my head work on the suggestion.

Shel

auntlynnie

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:07 am

Well, I logged on this morning, feeling totally uninspired and unmotivated, and coincidentally found this thread.
I'm kind of in the same place as Daryl... not playing much, feeling uninspired and frustrated with my playing. I've tried, really tried to find others to play music with and just get a lot of, no, don't have the time type responses. Even the prospect of camp doesn't have me playing very much....

What do you all do when you are uninspired/unmotivated? I could really use some suggestions.

Sorry for the thread-jack, Willem.

Lynn

daryl

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 am

Hi Lynn. I'm glad I'm not alone! I've been searching and searching for a song to grab me and I've yet to find one that "speaks" to me.

It might help me to "find others to play with" but I'm too uncomfortable to meet and play with "strangers". Perhaps you're not, and you might want to try your local craigslist->community->musicians section and see if there is anyone looking for a guitar player in your area. I think AcousticAl found some people to play with that way.

Good luck.

sandysue

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:49 am

I use to play guitar with a friend from work a couple of times a week. . We were both amateur guitarists but we played campfire songs and sang together. She really had a pretty voice. She liked to sing harmony. We never performed for anyone but we had a great time. She moved away now and I miss those fun times. It would be nice to have a friend to play guitar with again.

Sandy

willem

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:23 am

auntlynnie wrote:
Well, I logged on this morning, feeling totally uninspired and unmotivated, and coincidentally found this thread.
I'm kind of in the same place as Daryl... not playing much, feeling uninspired and frustrated with my playing. I've tried, really tried to find others to play music with and just get a lot of, no, don't have the time type responses. Even the prospect of camp doesn't have me playing very much....

What do you all do when you are uninspired/unmotivated? I could really use some suggestions.

Sorry for the thread-jack, Willem.

Lynn
Its good to hijack my thread for that matter,, :laugh:

When I am uninspired to play the guitar or practice then i find me something else to do, for example gardening or a hike, its a good thing to leave the guitar alone for a while,, never play when you don't have a good feeling or an downer.

Willem

wiley

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:52 pm

Lynn and Daryl - and whomever

I've been extremely busy, got past Dave's concert, planning another, my Mom is quickly running out of money for her care and I've been eating up a lot of time working on getting her the benefits she deserves. I keep thinking maybe I could get her to like, rob a bank and get caught - I don't think even the cops around here would have a problem catching an 84 year old tiny wheelchair bound lady! They feed and house prisoners for free right? All I can say to all of you who will face this - HIRE A LAWYER NOW!! The documentation is a frigging nightmare!! (on the benefits applications - don't know about the bank robbery stuff)

I do one thing and try to consistently do it, I have several guitars so they are in several places. I grab one every so often and practice - I mean FOCUSED practice for 5 or so minutes. I've come to find that FOCUSING and for short times is a great way to go. Of course the last several weekends and the last week the house has been full of Grand-kids and nephews/nieces/and their kids so, guitars up and out of reach...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic