How many vinyl records do you own?

daryl

Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:44 am

Roughly speaking about how many do you have? And if you have any, do you listen to them?

I don't have any.

willem

Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:55 pm

None, I had but gave them a way to a dabbler. :laugh: B)

I do collect karaoke versions so I can make backing tracks and try to play along. If you need one just ask and I see if I got it,, boom chaka boom

Willem

michelew

Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Heh?!? Vinyl record? What's that???

It must be more than 20 year since I've owned one or had anything to play them on. ... Shish!!! That makes me feel old. There were lots of albums that I owned on vinyl that I no longer own, and probably can't get on iTunes either. Though... I have little recollection of what I had.

Isn't progress wonderful. :);)

M

Chasplaya

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:46 am

At one point in time I had a collection of over 250, now I have about 25 and nothing to play them on... :P

jimbo58

Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:07 am

I have at least 100 but even though I don't play them any more I can not stand to part with, they have sentimental value, and when I was young they were too hard to get. I have many more cd's including replacing my entire vinyl collection with the cd' s. And I guess I will never get rid of them either.

auntlynnie

Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:33 pm

None, but I kept a few covers.

No longer have anything to play them on.

I fought the digital age tooth and nail, and was one of the last people I know to buy a CD player, but now there's just no going back.

I don't know whether that's sad or not.

Lynn

Hydroman52

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:12 pm

No vinyl, but I have the gear to play it on.....in mothballs. Had it since I was a teenager. Can't seem to part with it. Maybe I'm thinking I'll have the time and money before I pass on to mess around with it again. Or, maybe it will show up on that Storage Wars TV show sometime. Actually, I'd rather it burn up or be donated to the kids ranch than come to that.

Come to think of it, I almost never play CDs anymore. Most of my music is on .mp3 format, or I listen over the Internet. So, the technology that replaced my vinyl has almost already been totally replaced. On a brighter note, I am creating, playing, and listening to more live music than I ever have in my life. Perhaps, one day I will go full circle and listen to mostly live stuff. Wouldn't that be a trip?

sbutler

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:12 pm

Although I don't have a record player anymore, for some reason, I still have 5 or 6 albums.

I also have an antique Victor Victrola, with a couple dozen records for that format, and it does still play.

Scott

ps, I've seen Neil's collection of vinyl, and it's hard to imagine any with a bigger collection.

pbraun

Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:03 pm

I have well over 100 many I would like to convert to CD or import to the pc so I could hear again with all the scratches pop and hisses just like I did when I was a kid. There is software to do it with and I have a turntable but haven't gotten around to it yet. Really for the most part the are artwork now. And of course the autographed Hard Days Night Album is framed!
Pete

drfuji

Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:20 pm

Somewhere between 600-700, most of them stored in protective plastic sleeves and in album crates. Haven't played most of them in years. I do pull out some of the obscure ones once in awhile and listen to them..!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic