Alternate tuning... no, not DADGAD and the like, I mean re-tuning A=440 Hz to A=432 Hz

willem

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:40 am

Don't know if this something,,I only tryed it on the song I study a lot ''country roads'' (fingerpicking) and in the key of G...i do study the melody 'cos i am a star at changing the melody (while singing) I study the melody and hope it sets in my brain,,I have my starting note and then go with the flow of the chords (more the natural way),,,I tuned to 432 and suprising it was I found myself more in harmony with the strings..

I sure try this more with other songs,,I really like the sound..

Willem :blush: B) :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:28 pm

That's interesting Willem!

Jason, I missed your first post as I was answering from my email notifications and it did not show your first post, just the second.
Thanks for the link and videos. I get a bit dizzy when so many numbers are quoted at me, especially when the bible gets referenced at the same time. Ho hum! I am more interested in the natural phenomena related to the vibrations based in A432.

Anyway, back to the guitar tuned at A432Hz..... :)

Music Junkie

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Lol, Chris.... I didn't know there were bible references in there.... I just saw the clips and the titles and posted them. I was going to watch them later this afternoon when I finish the chores my wife has planned for me... ;)

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:35 pm

He makes some good points and there are a lot of numbers being thrown out which seem to make 432 a central number in our universe... who knows

Make sure you do your chores well MJ, you wanna get to camp, after all! :-)

Music Junkie wrote:
Lol, Chris.... I didn't know there were bible references in there.... I just saw the clips and the titles and posted them. I was going to watch them later this afternoon when I finish the chores my wife has planned for me... ;)

Music Junkie

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:17 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
He makes some good points and there are a lot of numbers being thrown out which seem to make 432 a central number in our universe... who knows

First lawn is thatched and mowed, on to the second one.... Fun times..... :P

willem

Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:

First lawn is thatched and mowed, on to the second one.... Fun times..... :P
Jason, do you have a lawn tractor? :P B)

unclewalt

Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:58 pm

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:13 pm

Yeah, science will eventually prove or disprove it. I think we may one day see frequencies of sound and light being used for heeling.

unclewalt wrote:
Oh, I think the topic as a whole is fascinating, and I'm glad it's here -- I just don't think people should fool themselves into believing that musical pitch can heal or harm any more than I think people should believe that eating sunflower seeds will cure their cancer, or that vaccines cause autism. Of course not everything can be answered by science (until it can), but there are things that can *only* be answered by science, and the curative properties of sound pitches (or lack thereof) is most certainly one of them. And I guarantee that Einstein would agree.

Anyway, carry on.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Speaking of science, this is from a physicist I follow, Nassim Haramein

Universal tuning to 432Hz makes sense because it creates such incredible resonance naturally in the structure of space as evidenced by this image of a 432Hz frequency being played into a fluid medium and imaged, a process known as Cymatics.

The story of how we all ended up tuning the note A to 440Hz is a long one with many different factors coming into play, the point is to move forward with our new knowledge of physics, frequency, vibration and the universe in general and work toward increasing coherency and resonance by tuning our minds and literally our instruments in music to naturally occurring highly resonant frequencies...

http://resonance.is/
photo: Michael Lee Hill

The Resonance Project ~ The Resonance Project - Traduction Française ~ The Resonance Project - Página Oficial Hispana ~ Music ~ 432 HZ ~ Musicians Tuned to The Universe 432hz/528hz ~ Phi - 1:1.618 - the Golden Ratio ~ 432Hz ~ 432Hz ~ Cymascope ~ Cosmometry ~ sacred geometry & the flower of life ~ Flower of Life ~ The Mind Unleashed ~ Spirit Science ~ (post by Jamie Janover)

Universal tuning to 432Hz makes sense because it creates such incredible resonance naturally in the structure of space as evidenced by this image of a 432Hz frequency being played into a fluid medium and imaged, a process known as Cymatics. The story of how we all ended up tuning the note A to 440Hz is a long one with many different factors coming into play, the point is to move forward with our new knowledge of physics, frequency, vibration and the universe in general and work toward increasing coherency and resonance by tuning our minds and literally our instruments in music to naturally occurring highly resonant frequencies... http://resonance.is/ photo: Michael Lee Hill The Resonance Project ~ The Resonance Project - Traduction Française ~ The Resonance Project - Página Oficial Hispana ~ Music ~ 432 HZ ~ Musicians Tuned to The Universe 432hz/528hz ~ Phi - 1:1.618 - the Golden Ratio ~ 432Hz ~ 432Hz ~ Cymascope ~ Cosmometry ~ sacred geometry & the flower of life ~ Flower of Life ~ The Mind Unleashed ~ Spirit Science ~ (post by Jamie Janover)
LikeLike · · Share · 2,2981472,121

thereshopeyet

Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Chris

That's a fine colorful scan of your brain !

I think I'm stuck with monochrome ! :laugh:

:(

So how many folk tune to 432khz ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic