Song surgeon

willem

Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:17 am

I had some fun with the last minutes using the demo version from Song Surgeon,,the fun was transposing this tune ''Scarborough Fair'' Em (Simon and Garfunkel) to the traditional key Am,, also tuned down from A=440 to A=432.....there are some low singing bass notes in it,,love it..

edit: I made a big mistake,,its not Am but Cm,,so the capo on the third fret and thinkin in Am if you want to test it..

daryl

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:29 am

Now that you have song-surgeon and video-surgeon (and Neil's lessons) you should be able to play your own rendition! Looking forward to your upload.

willem

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:37 pm

daryl wrote:
Now that you have song-surgeon and video-surgeon (and Neil's lessons) you should be able to play your own rendition! Looking forward to your upload.

Yes Daryl I should be able to do that but its just an beginning/start trying that, its not only having some good tools, there is more i should be able at,, or find in other ways also info.

I don't have SS yet.

Willem

daryl

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:20 pm

Right. I think you were trying out the trial version of SS and ended up buying VS.

I bet if you brought an mp3 file into your video editor and either added a picture or some random video to it and then saved it all as a video file, you could then use VS on the mp3 file (in the newly created video file). Just a thought.

willem

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:51 am

daryl wrote:
Right. I think you were trying out the trial version of SS and ended up buying VS.

I bet if you brought an mp3 file into your video editor and either added a picture or some random video to it and then saved it all as a video file, you could then use VS on the mp3 file (in the newly created video file). Just a thought.
=====================================================================

Daryl your thought was my thought , I can work with only VS and AVS but!! what wil happen with all the editings to the sound (I don't know)

mp3--AVS--VS and then change for example the pitch (key)

mp3---SS---changing pitch---less affectings?

Willem

daryl

Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:12 am

I would think that VS treats any video, regardless how it is made, as a stream of images (the video portion of the file) and a stream of sounds (the audio portion of the file). Give it a try and let us know.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic