Where do you find videos?

daryl

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:28 am

Besides YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud where do you find videos and audio files? I have a couple of songs (from CDs) that I'd like to learn but I can't find any videos of ANYONE doing covers or lessons on the songs. I'm wondering if there are other places I should be searching. Thanks!

TGNesh

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:11 am

Hmmm.....good question....actually I wouldn't have a clue, sorry about that. I guess my main source for videos is Youtube, that's pretty much it. And if I can't find what I'm looking for, I try to figure it out myself. (Using SS)

Well maybe someone else has suggestions! :)

Ness

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:15 am

Daryl:

I have found the same thing. I google, and follow it through as far as the results are relative, but sometimes there is just nothing there. I guess that's when we need to get serious and make our own.....lol

Jason

TGNeil

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:32 am

daryl wrote:
Besides YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud where do you find videos and audio files? I have a couple of songs (from CDs) that I'd like to learn but I can't find any videos of ANYONE doing covers or lessons on the songs. I'm wondering if there are other places I should be searching. Thanks!
Hey Daryl,

What songs are you talking about?

Neil

daryl

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:12 pm

TGNeil wrote:
daryl wrote:
Hey Daryl,

What songs are you talking about?

Neil
The 1st one is "Guitar Shopping". The tuning is BGDGBD (capo1), but I don't know why it isn't CGDGBD as I don't see that he ever hits the open B on the 6th string and the chord he plays on the 5th fret is much easier to finger with the CGDGBD tuning. I think I've got the chords, but I haven't got his percussive playing or his finger picking down (yet).

The other song is "Grateful For Her Beauty". The tuning is BGDGBD (cut capo4). I found a "lesson" video that sort of goes over the chords but again, I haven't got the percussive and finger picking down. I think I've got the chords though. Here's a live version of the song:

And here's the lesson video:

daryl

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:13 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Hmmm.....good question....actually I wouldn't have a clue, sorry about that. I guess my main source for videos is Youtube, that's pretty much it. And if I can't find what I'm looking for, I try to figure it out myself. (Using SS)

Well maybe someone else has suggestions! :)

Ness
Hi Ness, That's where I am right now. Trying to figure it out on my own (using Reaper). I think I've got the chords, but I know I don't have a very good ear and was looking for validation/verification with some other video source. Thanks.

Daryl

daryl

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Daryl:

I have found the same thing. I google, and follow it through as far as the results are relative, but sometimes there is just nothing there. I guess that's when we need to get serious and make our own.....lol

Jason
Want to get serious with me? I could use the help.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Youtube and Facebook. If it's not on Youtube, it didn't happen! :-)

daryl

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:00 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Youtube and Facebook. If it's not on Youtube, it didn't happen! :-)
How does one search FB for a video or an audio?

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:02 pm

I don't search Fb for videos Daryl, I just meant I come across some there and then find links back to YT.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic