Where do you find videos?

takhak

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:14 pm

daryl

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:16 pm

takhak wrote:
Jim, What are you trying to say here? I already found that "lesson" but David really doesn't "teach" the song very well. He does say stuff like the ONE to the THREE to the FIVE and the TWO and the SIX but only occassionally tells you the fingerings (though I think I have figured them out). And he sort of "explains" the percussion (wrongly and then rightly). I was hoping to find some other site that might have covers or lessons that MIGHT have the two songs I'm trying to learn. Thanks!

Daryl

takhak

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Sorry about that, Daryl. I will keep looking.

willem

Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:41 am

Hi Daryl,ahah,,i think you're searching for free?Right? :laugh: B)

I think google must be the solution and hoping there is a good lesson,,he (google)must find it..maybe not only for YT but maybe on an other site or a blog etc..

If you can't find it no one can find it..

But some times they are hidden very deep and your behavior on the net will show them maybe after a while.. B)

But Then how good will the lesson be,,the only opportunity that it would be a good lesson is here on TG,, :laugh: :ohmy:

Also here on TG are lessons that are not compleet (for me) but I understand that 'cos we have to do some ear/traning or research by or self which is for me a hard time to develop so I wish they were compleet..

goodluck on those beautiful songs

Willem

takhak

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:00 pm

here is a better look at his right hand. I think he is using the same technique in CRUDE GREED, [all caps]
with a better camera angle.The Nathan Welden cover of "GUITAR SHOPPING 'is crystal clear but no help
visually.

daryl

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:32 pm

Thanks Jim. I did the Nathan cover and though he sang it well the video was useless for learning the song. :-( Thanks for this DW video. He sure does make it look so easy. Do you think he's just using his thumb and index finger for plucking (and his middle finger for the percussion) or does he get his 3rd finger in there too? Thoughts?

takhak

Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:06 pm

I think his middle finger is doing the work. It is cocked back by itself. In CRUDE GREED he is more
percussive and flicking them as if they are tied together .

takhak

Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:18 pm

This one has an excellent view of his left hand at around 2:30,and his middle finger movement.
Slim pickings so far on the other song.

daryl

Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks Jim. It looks like he is sometimes strumming with his middle finger (in addition to usually "slapping" the deadened strings for the percussive sound). I'm gonna have to start on the percussive part of the song as I think I have the chords, chord changes, and hammer-ons mostly down. And I have the chords, chord changes, and hammer-ons down on "Grateful For Her Beauty" too. Now comes the hard part (IMHO). :-(

BTW are you gonna give these songs try?

takhak

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:26 pm

The Nathan Welden video has me 100% sold on Guitar Shopping,{Great sign in the guitar shop} but I have listened to "Graceful "only once so I don't know yet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic