Slainte Mhor

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi guys the subject heading is Gaelic: slàinte mhòr "great health" is also used as a Jacobite toast with the alternative meaning of "health to Marion", Marion (Gaelic Mòr) being a Jacobite code name for Prince Charles Edward Stuart, 1745 Jacobite rebellion.

In my case its Great Health everyone for the New Year :)

Its been a hectic year, new job moving house so guitar has been slightly neglected (not entirely but slightly so no major progress :(

Unfortunately this year may not be too different as I have just applied for a new job (same company but bigger store in different town!); as such likely to be on the move again... I've mentioned to she who must be obeyed this is the last time - yeah right!

Anyway, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my TG mates, have a good one

Cheers

Chas

willem

Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Hi guys the subject heading is Gaelic: slàinte mhòr "great health" is also used as a Jacobite toast with the alternative meaning of "health to Marion", Marion (Gaelic Mòr) being a Jacobite code name for Prince Charles Edward Stuart, 1745 Jacobite rebellion.

In my case its Great Health everyone for the New Year :)

Its been a hectic year, new job moving house so guitar has been slightly neglected (not entirely but slightly so no major progress :(

Unfortunately this year may not be too different as I have just applied for a new job (same company but bigger store in different town!); as such likely to be on the move again... I've mentioned to she who must be obeyed this is the last time - yeah right!

Anyway, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my TG mates, have a good one

Cheers

Chas

Happy New Year,,,you forgot your fun trips with three wheeler.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic