do you want play banjo on your guitar?

willem

Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:09 am

daryl

Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:50 am

Cool and clever. Though I don't like the idea of "nailing" something to the fretboard.

willem

Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:58 am

daryl wrote:
Cool and clever. Though I don't like the idea of "nailing" something to the fretboard.
Maybe there is an other solution(capo?)

dtaylor

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:15 am

daryl wrote:
I saw a related video where a guy replace the A with a high E string and just tunes it up to G. He also left the low E string on, tuned to D. I sounded nice, a mix of DADGAD and banjo.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:04 pm

Did I understand that right? Take your nice Martin guitar (which has already cost you a couple 100 bucks) bang a nail in it for $149 and you have a banjo? How much can a decent banjo cost? :laugh:

tombo1230

Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:41 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Did I understand that right? Take your nice Martin guitar (which has already cost you a couple 100 bucks) bang a nail in it for $149 and you have a banjo? How much can a decent banjo cost? :laugh:
I'm with you on this one Chris. I really don't own any guitars that I would want to hammer a nail into. :ohmy: :huh: :dry: :S

Tom N.

willem

Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:10 am

one string capo for guitar

willem

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:53 pm

dtaylor wrote:
daryl wrote:
I saw a related video where a guy replace the A with a high E string and just tunes it up to G. He also left the low E string on, tuned to D. I sounded nice, a mix of DADGAD and banjo.

I know that vid too and it is interesting 'cos you can use it as a banjo(open G tuning) and guitar played in open G tuning(avoiding the 5th string,in this case a high E string tuned up to G),,I think that string does not need the tuning up if you can capo that string(capo to a G),just invent a capo who can do that..

Hope its allowed to put up this link 'cos it is interresting

Banjo players install often railroad spikes in there fretboard and used it as a capo for the fifth string..

I was a bit interested in banjo 'cos I hear it a lot in Neil Young songs but don't want to buy one(never),,maybe I make a old guitar a banjo( with spikes) and G tuning

I just wanted to share this

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic