Music and Me -- Michael Jackson--etc

willem

Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:11 am

Someone asked me to play this song toghether for an event in April,Its a song from Michael Jackson but the inspiration to that is the one below by a Dutch artist Trijntje Oosterhuis..

I searched the net for finding a doable cover that will fit my skill and found this

Then I made a arrangement that would make it easy for me with the pickin, where you don't see any chords thats a D5 (I guess).

we did'nt practice together yet so I can imagine that we can do it with some more feel then the mechanical Gpro file..

Any comment is welcome..

thanks

Willem

PS,, A lesson such as the one on top would help me very much, :laugh: :laugh: B)

TGNesh

Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:57 am

Ah Trijntje with Leonardo Amuedo, they're an absolute AWESOME team when they collaborate!!!! Had the privilege to attend one of their shows here in Holland.

His playing is just.....WOW!! And she's just WOW too! :)

daryl

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:00 am

Hi Willem, Nice. But in your GPro file after the line "....sweet harmony" at measure 35 I think the the notes you want are on the 2nd and 4th strings frets 2 & 2 then 3 & 4 then 5 & 5. I'll try to put up a video of what i"m talking about.

TGNesh

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:02 am

Your arrangement on that GP-file sounds fine and doable to me Willem. :)

(Edit: I read Daryl's comment, wouldn't know, haven't listened all the way through.)

daryl

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:22 am

Here ya go. What do you think?

willem

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:23 am

Thx Daryl,,I think I know what you mean(have troubles there),,I looked a bit at a piano sheet(that measer) and thats what I made of it,,hope you make a vid,,thx

Thx Vanessa that gives me confidence,,I must say that I just when I wrote this thread saw that video from them both,a very clear video,,its beautiful.I would love to play it as him..but that quick rolls!!!pffff

Willem

willem

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:55 pm

daryl wrote:

Thanks Daryl, I think I get it,, that whole riff on the 4th and second strings.

Can't tell you yet what I think, have to play that a few times when there is practice time again, I can tell you that your answer is the same where I came with in the first place,, did you saw or heard it by the performer in the second video? Its also that I want to make a slide sound in it.

Willem

willem

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:56 pm

daryl wrote:

Thanks Daryl, I think I get it,, that whole riff on the 4th and second strings.

Can't tell you yet what I think, have to play that a few times when there is practice time again, I can tell you that your answer is the same where I came with in the first place,, did you saw or heard it by the performer in the second video? Its also that I want to make a slide sound in it.

Willem

daryl

Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:49 pm

Yes. I saw the riff in the 2nd video. What I saw in the 2nd video didn't seem to match what you had in the Gpro file.

willem

Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:34 pm

daryl wrote:
Yes. I saw the riff in the 2nd video. What I saw in the 2nd video didn't seem to match what you had in the Gpro file.
I checked it slow and focused and you are right, I guess what I wrote in the Gpro file Is' nt wrong music wise and we could even do it on other strings, I do like the sound as written out, do you?

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic