Music and Me -- Michael Jackson--etc

daryl

Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:04 pm

I think what you have written out in GPro is very nice (except that particular measure).

willem

Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:20 pm

daryl wrote:
I think what you have written out in GPro is very nice (except that particular measure).
I will rewrite that measer and put up a new vid( 'cos I asked for help), I still have the project in the editor so its not a lot of work,, do you think the pinches are on the beat 1 2 3 4 ?

The Gpro file is'nt the same key has the performer in the second video but I think that you noticed that

daryl

Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Whether the pinches are on the beat or off the beat really isn't important. At least to me, the important thing is getting the right notes. After that, it's a matter of playing what you feel. Sometimes things will be ahead of the beat, other times they will be on the beat, and other times they will be lagging the beat. It really all depends on the mood at the time and the emotion that you are feeling or are trying to project. On another go around things can be totally different - perhaps the mood of the band or of the audience has changed.

Other opinions are more than welcome here.

willem

Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:34 pm

daryl wrote:
Whether the pinches are on the beat or off the beat really isn't important. At least to me, the important thing is getting the right notes. After that, it's a matter of playing what you feel. Sometimes things will be ahead of the beat, other times they will be on the beat, and other times they will be lagging the beat. It really all depends on the mood at the time and the emotion that you are feeling or are trying to project. On another go around things can be totally different - perhaps the mood of the band or of the audience has changed.

Other opinions are more than welcome here.
I was thinkin and thinkin 'cos I was happy with the end result but,, I told I had those pinches in the first place,, now you talk a bout mood I'm certain I use now my first and your opnion, the pinches give a deeper tone and after that the ringin on the D5 again.

Happy

Willem

willem

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:29 am

Okay Daryl and others,,here with a adjustment in measer 37,,

Let me know..

daryl

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:33 am

Nice. Now it's time for YOU to play it! And to upload a video of course.

willem

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:39 am

daryl wrote:
Nice. Now it's time for YOU to play it! And to upload a video of course.
Thanks Daryl..practice my ass off :laugh: B) well more my fingers, hope its gonna work and a video we make when it turns out very good

Willem

TGNesh

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:48 am

Indeed, nice work Willem!

Now, you say you're practicing your ass off, I'd actually would like to see hów you practice. You can practice as much as you want, but if you don't do it the right way, it'll be a lot of relatively wasted time.

So, please show me (us)! :)

willem

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:22 am

TGVanessa wrote:

Now, you say you're practicing your ass off, I'd actually would like to see hów you practice. You can practice as much as you want, but if you don't do it the right way, it'll be a lot of relatively wasted time.

Thats a nice offer Vanessa,,in the first place I will play along with the Gpro file,the song is'nt that fast so I think that I will not slow down, for the biggest part I do remember how it goes with the chords,,I also have an Idea for play along with the melody(not sure),,okay maybe I will film something while practicing but you know how it goes when the camera is on!!!

thx

Willem

TGNesh

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:41 am

Just show me hów you're practicing, not necessarily playing through the whole song. Just part of a the verse or chorus, or intro, whatever.

Yes, I know how it goes when the camera is on!!! :laugh: I suffer from that évery week! :S

Not a performance Willem, just a bit of practicing. ;)

willem wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Thats a nice offer Vanessa,,in the first place I will play along with the Gpro file,the song is'nt that fast so I think that I will not slow down, for the biggest part I do remember how it goes with the chords,,I also have an Idea for play along with the melody(not sure),,okay maybe I will film something while practicing but you know how it goes when the camera is on!!!

thx

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic