Music and Me -- Michael Jackson--etc

willem

Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:08 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Just show me hów you're practicing, not necessarily playing through the whole song. Just part of a the verse or chorus, or intro, whatever.

Yes, I know how it goes when the camera is on!!! :laugh: I suffer from that évery week! :S

Not a performance Willem, just a bit of practicing. ;)

willem wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
Indeed, nice work Willem!

Now, you say you're practicing your ass off, I'd actually would like to see hów you practice. You can practice as much as you want, but if you don't do it the right way, it'll be a lot of relatively wasted time.

So, please show me (us)! :)
Thats a nice offer Vanessa,,in the first place I will play along with the Gpro file,the song is'nt that fast so I think that I will not slow down, for the biggest part I do remember how it goes with the chords,,I also have an Idea for play along with the melody(not sure),,okay maybe I will film something while practicing but you know how it goes when the camera is on!!!

thx

Willem
I will do that,,

willem

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:44 pm

As said a bit practice, there are times that I try it with the metronome also,,this is playing along with the Gpro file which you don't hear, B) :lol:

sandysue

Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:23 pm

That's really pretty Willem. You're fingerpicking on this song is coming along nicely. It sounds like you'll be ready by your april performance. :)

Sandy

TGNesh

Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:51 am

Good work Willem, that's coming along nicely! :)

So, what happens if you practice it without GP or without a metronome, how do you practice then? Could you show me?

willem wrote:
As said a bit practice, there are times that I try it with the metronome also,,this is playing along with the Gpro file which you don't hear, B) :lol:

willem

Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:21 am

I try to show you that Vanessa,,I count! in my head(I guess you want to hear that loud?) for the intro or the D chord 1&2&(3)& 4re&a 1 etc,,but it ain easy(it a process? too? like playing and singin on the same time..but I try..

thx

Willem

TGNesh

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:30 am

Counting out loud is a very good thing to do Willem, especially if you want to get the timing exactly right. You did get it right when playing with GP, so I'm curious how you'll do by yourself. Just as long you don't pause and such, or mess up the timing.

Other than that, anyone should be able to play and count out loud. If you need to learn that, then learn that. It's a 'check it-system' for your playing in time in general and you integrate the timing in your system way better that way.

I have had several students saying the exact same thing, 'I count in my head', then I let them count out loud to find out that they do it completely wrong or they pause the counting.

So yes, play and count out loud! :)

willem wrote:
I try to show you that Vanessa,,I count! in my head(I guess you want to hear that loud?) for the intro or the D chord 1&2&(3)& 4re&a 1 etc,,but it ain easy(it a process? too? like playing and singin on the same time..but I try..

thx

Willem

willem

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Here's where I am on the moment with this song

daryl

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Coming along nicely Willem. Now you only need to play it about 100 million more times before the gig!

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:17 pm

Willem
I like the sound of your guitar.
You make it sing !

:)

willem

Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:32 am

This is all I have,sorry for ther video quality..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic