John Renbourn tribute

brom

Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:06 am

Dear Neil, I wanted to say how much I appreciated your reminiscences of John Renbourn in your three part tribute last week.It is clear what a huge loss he is to both yourself and lovers of the guitar everywhere.The tributes to him here in Britain have only just scratched the surface.I first saw him in London in the Sixties and it was obvious all those years ago that he was special.I saw him several times with Pentangle and finally eighteen months ago with a very good guitarist called John McCusker in Bury near Manchester.I remember him being very funny and very self effacing.(John did not have to push himself forward....He was out there already).He loved to play with others and enjoyed sharing a stage in order to promote the music rather than himself.I recall his love of the instrument.telling us all about the joy of owning a Railph Bown OM,for which he had to wait ages.John was generous,humourous,hugely talented,but most of all,a great bloke. Rest easy.

sbutler

Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:08 pm

Brom, you were lucky to have been able to actually see John. Thanks for your observation's.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic