If you had to perform in public today, how many songs could you do?

dtaylor

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:42 pm

Like a few people have said, I don't know that I could 'perform' a single song, never having done it, I'd probably go blank and develop hooves for hands. I'd like to get into sharing music with others one day. I tend to like learning new things all the time anyway, rather than develop a set-list.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:20 am

Hi Den,
Maybe the answer to your question depends on what the meaning of "is" is ... (credit to Bill Clinton)

The first performance situation that comes to mind is in which basically, there are a bunch of people that don't know you,
and are just waiting for you to do your stuff.

But how about this following context, where nobody is expecting anything of you ?

I was leaving a wonderful rustic retreat earlier yesterday ....

A bunch of us (former) strangers were at the end of a great weekend break in the woods.

The weather had turned grey this Sunday A.M., so I had a captive audience (about 20) in the common room, eating breakfast and biding their time.

I sat down at the end of the room and practiced (no singing) as if I was back at home .... for about 2 hours (!) ... never repeated myself ....

Of course, these were randomly buggy renditions !

How many tunes ... i dunno ...

Somehow, even had discrete singers now and then, and some thank-you(s) afterwards.

Beforehand, I did hesitate to go get my guitar, but it added such a nice touch to what started out as a grey day.

I'm so very glad that I did go ahead and do it.

So this is a pleasant, motivating surprise :)

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic