Diet plan - HCG and other stuff

wiley

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:10 am

To begin, I wanted to star a new thread that will deal with a sort of different subject.

There are hundreds if not thousands of Diet plans and shops out there. Ones with a point system, ones that even ship you your meals. Ones that include meal plans and vigorous exercise. Big Money - HUGE money.

We have tried several, only truth I have ever found is what, and how much, goes in does the trick. No truer words for me than 'you are what you eat' when it comes to diet, weight loss and weight gain. Sure, there are other factors like Thyroid problems and such. I'm not trying to simplify this by any means. It's really not simple. I'm 5'10" and if I was to get down to 165lbs (recommended weight for my height and age) or below I would most likely be miserable, so each and everyone of us has that 'perfect' weight.

Yet, right now, I'm at 210lbs. WAYYYYY down from Dec. 2012 at 243lbs yet still.........

The Doc and I discussed several things along the way of my exam. One he hit on was how those actors get so pumped, so quick.

Not cutting anyone down for their hard work, no matter it still takes that. No 'gym' no beef!

Now, how you feel about 'steroids' or 'performance enhancing drugs' is up to you. As we grow older, we loose our ability to produce certain hormones and such as we did when we were younger.

I've been taking Testosterone replacement for a while now. Probably why I stayed at 210 for the last two years. In fact, after getting down to 208, I began the treatment and went back to 215. Vigorous (to me) exercise = muscle mass. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat, so my body fat ratio at that same time actually dropped. I'm now back up to 28% as compared to 21% a few years ago. Dec 2012 I was at 32%.

No side effects, and all the 'goodies' are there. Energy, sleep better, libido, etc.

Now we have begun a new type of thing. HCG, ( Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) injections. A three time weekly under the skin injection that has been around awhile now, and of course is controversial. From my understanding, the HCG acts as (supposedly) a diet suppressant - no real scientific proof of this - just lots who have do the injections say it works. What scientific research has shown ( Albeit a small sample, single blind test) is the HCG combined with diet and exercise does work in the manner that as one looses weight (and this is due to diet and exercise not the HCG) the amount of muscle lost is decreased as compared to dieting without the HCG. In as much of a 3 to 1 comparison.
EX: Weight loss of 15lbs.
Non HCG - 6lbs muscle, 9 lbs fat
With HCG - 2lbs muscle, 13 lbs fat

I have no ideal if this stuff works, yet my Doc is high on the latest research and, he does this himself. Along with the TRT.
Proven to be almost harmless, we figured why not give it a try AND stick to the diet of no more than 1000 calories per day AND get back to WORK!!

Now, for the rest of the story. I said Doc and I discussed those pesky MMXXXI guys.

The other part, and even more controversial yet once again proven to be almost harmless.

Sermorelin. Better yet Semorelin with GHRP-6 and/or GHRP-2
Sermorelin is a peptide, the first 29 amino acids which naturally influence the pituitary gland to secrete Growth Hormones in the form of Growth Hormone Releasing Hormones (GHRH), something us old farts loose really quickly.
Then, add in either one or both of the GHRP (Growth Hormone Releasing Hexapeptide) and you have 'the stack' as Body Builders would say.

Now, once again, I'm fishing here. I'm interested in this stuff largely in fact of my Diabetes and how they can help with that. Anybody out there with information, experience, or concerns post in.

And now, supposedly, you know the secrets of those 'Stars' and how they get so bulked up and 'fit' so quickly.

willem

Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:58 pm

When we get older its easy to get to much weight, diabetes is a a problem more, I just want to lose 5 kg but its going no way, I think no beer, wine or other alcohol will help, also no potatoes and pasta(or less) must help,starting the day with a super healty breakfest should hold you from certain snacks and other in between, but most important is good exercise and go over your borders for an hour a day.

All I do is trying not to sit to much going through the day, but what you eat you got to burn.

B) :laugh:

auntlynnie

Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Hey Wiley,
So, are you asking about dieting? And what we've tried, what has worked, etc, etc?
I can't speak to all the hormone stuff you mentioned, but I can say that I've tried Weight Watchers and had some success. I've tried exercise plus watching what I eat. NO success there. But what has worked for me the best (and for my husband, too) is the South Beach diet. Lots of protein, low carb. It is the one diet where I do not feel deprived (except for no beer). I usually lose about 15 pounds in 1-2 months. It did not adversely affect my cholesterol either.
Lynn

wiley

Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Willem - yep, sitting on my butt is a huge part of my problem, even just plain old getting up and walking around is a big help.

Lynn - Akins diet, or a form thereof is pretty much a type of 'diabetic' diet. Low carbs, they teach you how to 'carb/calorie count' in the nutrition courses.

So, yes, I'm back to doing that, carbs and calories and standing more and a daily routine of exercise, usually walking> i used to love to run, yet age and climbing up and down ladders and squatting on my knees for years makes running, even jogging, a bit more uncomfortable than I would like. I've had MRIs done on both knees and do not have enough pain to warrant the surgery they would like to do.

Anyone who would like to pipe in here is more than welcome. Any experiences, thoughts, advice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic