The Beatles

brom

Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:17 am

Dear Neil A few weeks back you invited comments from those people who had been inspired to take up the guitar after hearing The Beatles.I am one of those.I saw The Beatles play live in a big cinema in Birmingham (UK) in 1965.The atmosphere was electric, the noise was unbelievable,and 2,800 screaming fans did little for the acoustics.The Beatles topped the bill,doing 12 songs(It was the time of songs like Daytripper),and then were gone.When the dust had settled we all felt as if we had witnessed something very special.It was a mixture of glamour,pounding bass guitar(you couldnt hear much else!)and raging fans.Graham Nash is very good onThe beatles in his new book Wild Tales.When he was with The Hollies they met on tour all the time.However, for anyone interested in The Beatles early career.the best book I have ever read is by Mark Lewisohn,called Tune In.He is writing a trilogy called Turn on,Tune In and Drop Out.So far only Turn On has been published.For Beatles fans it is highly recommended.Anyway,I love the site .Keep up the good work.