Bailea LeaAnne Parks

wiley

Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:20 pm

Those of you who are Facebook friends may have noticed a 'share' I just did. Wendy Parks is the mother of Bailea, and is related to us. Wendy and her two daughters shared our home for a bit, the kids were young then and one of my greatest memories comes from waiting on them to run up the driveway back at the Ranch we owned everyday after school. I owned my own business then and could usually be there for them, not always, but most of the time.

So shit happens, right? The girls moved away, we all went our ways as we seem to do. The picture on Facebook, I have no ideal how to get it here, is Bailea, in her greens, her Army greens. 18 years old, 6 foot tall and as bright as they come. She just completed her 5th week of boot, 5 to go, and a total of 6 years. Maybe more. Hopefully, she gets stationed state - side, hopefully.

So I sit here and think of my own grand kids, how Donna and have always thought of Bailea and her sister as one, and how these young folks get all this crap laid on them, and surely some deserve such as do their parents, then, there's the Bailea's of this world.

And I'm scared, not as scared as Mom or Dad, but damn it - this is a good, no, great kid. And I have no ideal how to thank her, or her family enough.

So, go kick ass Bailea LeaAnne, just like you've always done. Love ya.