My fur kids

spinland

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:38 pm

I just have to sound off about my (breathing) babies. Since our kids grew up and moved out into the brave new world we have filled the quiet places in the house with our cats. I cannot adequately express how much I love our kittehs or the lengths I'll go to for their happiness.

Just over a year ago cancer took my beloved Zippy after a wonderful 16 years with us. Another of our boyz, Helo, was his constant shadow and, when he passed, shifted that focus to me. Well, I recently transitioned my studio to a standing desk only arrangement and Helo has found the loss of my readily-available lap a hardship. I find myself daily fending off his desire for me to hold him for hours on end—physically painful after a while, and prevents me from working productively.

Today I hit on the idea of moving one of the many cat beds we have to the top of my desk so he'd have a comfy and familiar place to hang out and still be close to me. He LOVES it. I am so, so very happy for this development and wanted to share it.

Mark

michelew

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:42 pm

What? No photos?

My furry kids are a vital to making me smile too.

spinland

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:46 pm

michelew wrote:
What? No photos?

My furry kids are a vital to making me smile too.
Fixed it. The forum didn't like my pic for some reason but after I tweaked it a little I was able to post it. :dry:

Mark

michelew

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Cool. That's a very sweet photo. He looks VERY comfy. :)

M

TGNesh

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:06 am

Animal lovers are my kind of people! :cheer: ;)

What an awesome solution Mark! So great that he has a place close to you and you can still do your work.

I love my furry kids to death as well. They're my everything, so I can fully relate. :)

Ness

fjeanmur

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:53 pm

That's an adorable picture, Mark.

I love my fur babies too. I have one that since he was put on prescription food has turned into a food thief and his weight unfortunately has increased. He's a big cat to begin with, but now he barely fits on the post that looks just like yours. LOL! I should upload a picture for comparison.

I have my oldest one with some health issues now that have me quite concerned. Then there is the princess. I simply cannot play the guitar while sitting on a couch. If I do, she will jump up, wedge her head between my left elbow and the guitar and look up at my as if to say, "Why would you want a guitar when you can have me?! She usually wins.

spinland

Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Since I changed the studio over to a standing desk my little Helo has had some issues adjusting to the lack of a lap. He likes the bed I set up for him on the desk but sometimes he lets me know (quite forcefully) that it's snuggling time. :side: Image

spinland

Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:33 pm

fjeanmur wrote:
That's an adorable picture, Mark.
Thanks!

I don't know how I missed your post but, here I am, late to the party. :silly:

We have one fur kid with similar food issues. We have him on strict low-carb meals but he has to be watched like a hawk else he muscles in on his brothers. It's an adventure!

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic