Family Portrait

spinland

Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:41 am

Thought it past time I took an updated beauty shot of my Tres Amigos.

familyman4

Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:10 am

With these 3 guitars and all of the gear you have accumulated, you are ready to Rock The House!!!

Enjoy your passion.
Bart

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 am

Room for a few more, I'd say Bart! A man can never have enough guitars :laugh:

spinland

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:50 am

familyman4 wrote:
With these 3 guitars and all of the gear you have accumulated, you are ready to Rock The House!!!

Enjoy your passion.
Bart
Thanks, Bart! Now I have to add the playing skill. The ingredients mix slowly...Oh, so slowly. :side:

Mark

spinland

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:51 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Room for a few more, I'd say Mark! A man can never have enough guitars :laugh:

spinland

Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:45 am

I belong to an online international PRS support group ("Hello, my name is Mark, and I'm a PRS-aholic.") and today they declared Signature Saturday in a nod to how Paul's signature graces the headstocks of his brand's product. I took this pic of my Angry Angel this morning and for some reason I'm loving it way too much. Just gotta share. :silly:

wrsomers

Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:47 pm

spinland wrote:
I belong to an online international PRS support group ("Hello, my name is Mark, and I'm a PRS-aholic.") and today they declared Signature Saturday in a nod to how Paul's signature graces the headstocks of his brand's product. I took this pic of my Angry Angel this morning and for some reason I'm loving it way too much. Just gotta share. :silly:

I've got a PRS CE 24 Limitied Edition Satin Finish and although I generally like this guitar, I'm very disappointed because it has a horrible problem that PRS has acknowledged as generic to this model. That is...static electricity popping when I run my hand up and down the neck and also when I touch the plastic electronics cover on the back. I've done some research and it seems that maple necks and satin finishes are prone to this. Some Gibson Les Paul models have this problem as well. I've tried using anti-static polishes and dryer sheets and also adding humidity to my already humidified guitar room. None of it has worked. The dealer even changed the plug jack and checked the electronics. At this point it looks like I'll have to return it to PRS for repairs or replacement. I have not been a happy camper about this especially since I just had to return a defective Taylor 324e a few months ago. :(

Bill

spinland

Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Ugh, what a nightmare, Bill. So sorry you're having to endure so many hassles. :(

Maybe the PRS depot can re-finish it in a way that preserves the looks while losing the static issue. Dunno, but I'll keep fingers crossed for your success.

Mark

daryl

Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Bill, Just a couple silly thoughts....

But what about putting on a couple coats of butcher's wax (or some other such thing) or taking extra fine steel wool and give the satin finish a bit of a shine/gloss?

Yes, I know this shouldn't be your problem, but I hate the idea of shipping a guitar through some postal service and waiting who-knows-how-long to get it back.

wrsomers

Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks for the advice Daryl. The wax might work but I doubt it. Seems the Maple neck and the type of lacquer they used is the problem. The Les Paul's I referenced all have maple necks and the same lacquer PRS uses.

I'm reluctant to use steel wool or alter the guitar in any way for fear of voiding the warranty. As far as shipping it back, I'll leave it to the dealer that I bought the guitar from. You're right about the amount of time it could take. It took Taylor 6 weeks to address my 324e and then it didn't work out anyway.

Bummer!

Thanks again for your help.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic