Say hey!

spinland

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:34 am

Hi, guys!

I'm far from being an "it's about me" guy but a couple of people have reached out to me recently in private, noting my rather reduced presence here of late. For that reason, not because "I'm all that," I thought I'd toss up a quick base-touching post.

All is well, perhaps too much so. Recent business stuff has "blown up" in a good way to the point where I've been hella busy and simply have not had much free time to play, sing, or pester you guys on the forum. I have high hopes for things to even out soon so I'm in crisis mode less often, giving me more fun time.

Can't wait to see you at IGC! :side:

Mark

crieniecat

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:13 am

Well...very good to see you post again! I had the watchcats already on the outlook for you B)
And yes, looking forward to see and hear you play at IGC 2017 :)

Due to some Fantastic Magic Conspiracy of the Universe (fill in all the imaginable details) I'm able to join this 5th annual camp as well this year!!! :) :side: :silly: :woohoo:

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Great to hear you are on the ball Mark :)

spinland

Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:46 pm

TGNesh

Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:10 am

Awesome to hear from you Mark!

And very glad that things are moving into a good direction, good for you.

I'm with you and Corina, can't wait to meet at IGC!!! :cheer:

Ness

spinland

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:20 am

Want to toss up a blanket, "holy crap, you guys ROCK!" To everyone who's posted vids the past few weeks. I feel like a slacker not taking time to give a virtual high five to each one but, well...I'm a slacker.

Love this community, and the friendliness and talent that seeps from every corner. Looking forward to building my skills enough to be able to work on songs to playable level over a matter of days instead of weeks. :silly:

Mark

thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Mark

I came across this video, thought it was very cool !
Have a great IGC 2017 to all.

Dermot

:)

About The Song:
Fusing Banjo, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin & Cello, driving drums and vocals both honest and ethereal - the is a folk pop anthem for modern times written in the spirit of Jerry Garcia, the Avett Brothers and Dave Matthews. The mantra of ‘This girl can change the world’ resonates as every parent’s dream along with a global plea of ‘Get together now’ in the songs uplifting finale. I chose to work with Escape Animation out of Nepal for the animated video, which follows our protagonist from her early, peaceful days in nature, through some of the rigors of modern life, on through to her coming-of-age as a crafter of a sustainable world with strong community. I chose the Lotus Flower as the symbol to represent The Hope, as it represents hope, coming together and re-birth in various cultures.

spinland

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Wow, that's a powerful song and video. Thanks for sharing that!

Almost packed.

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic