Stay safe - Texans my thoughts are with you ...

michelew

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:05 pm

I've been reading about the hurricane that's been causing so much havoc in Texas. I know there are a couple of Texans in the TG community. I'm just writing to say my thoughts are with you and I hope that you and your families stay safe. I hope you all come through the danger unscathed.

Love

Michele

mweston

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:32 am

Thank you Michelle. I'm not sure how many TG'ers are in the affected areas. Wiley and I both live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so we are well out of the way of the worst of it. One who lives in the Houston area was at the IGC and was planning to be in California for a while, so at least he is not physically present.Hopefully any others in the affected areas will make it through safely.

Marc

michelew

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:30 am

Good to hear that you're all safe Marc. I know Texas is a big place, but it looks like a huge and scary system.

Thanks for letting us know.

M

wiley

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:47 pm

mweston

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:30 am

wiley wrote:
300+ miles north. Lots of family there, some on the way up. Lots and lots of water, Houston floods way too easy.
All too true. When I was in college, many roads in Houston would be impassable during a thunderstorm. Rice University was built on land that was formerly a marsh, so during a thunderstorm you wouldn't dare step off the sidewalks. I notice they have shut down the school for Monday.

wiley

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:48 am

stratman3

Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:09 am

Thanks everyone for all your kind words and prayers. I do live in Houston and this has been a catastrophic event. these last 4-5 days have been surreal and exhausting, My neighborhood flooded, 13 out of 16 houses on our block have water damage, ours being one of them. This is a real mess, our street looks like a war zone. Now the clean up and expense. The thing is, it could have been a lot worse, some people were not as lucky as us.

We will get through this.

sandysue

Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:48 pm

stratman3 wrote:
Thanks everyone for all your kind words and prayers. I do live in Houston and this has been a catastrophic event. these last 4-5 days have been surreal and exhausting, My neighborhood flooded, 13 out of 16 houses on our block have water damage, ours being one of them. This is a real mess, our street looks like a war zone. Now the clean up and expense. The thing is, it could have been a lot worse, some people were not as lucky as us.

We will get through this.
Sorry to hear that you are in the thick of things and that your house got flooded too. You guys are troopers, you really help each other out. I've been watching it on TV. Good luck, hope you get your home back in livable condition soon. :)

Sandy

ps, hope all of your guitars are ok. :)

michelew

Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Gosh guys... that's full on. I hope the waters start receding and the dangers dissipate soon.

stratman3

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:36 am

Thank Sandysue,

You asked if my guitars were OK. my two Martins were safely brought up to the second floor. My wife did comment on what my priorities were.
Wont be playing them for awhile until things get back to normal. This is a life changing event.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic