Gonna burst with pride

spinland

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:42 pm

This has zero to do with guitars but, then again, that's why it's in Off Topic. I 'm supposed to be restrained about this until an official notice comes down but I'm about to explode with pride in my bride and I have to share it somewhere. This is an insular enough group so here goes:

A couple of months back she tried out for a big promotion at work (she's an accountant and does work for the US Department of Defense). She was one of a very few hopefuls who actually got an interview but she didn't feel she nailed that and so was discouraged.

Just now she got a "back channel" email that she got the position. WOO HOO! It's not only more than a $10k bump in annual salary, she was near the top of her current position and that's just the starting point for this new one: opportunity for advancement beyond that just opened way up. She's been consistently near the top of every metric they've ever applied to measure job performance (her production levels average over 200% of her peers') and it's about damned time they bumped her up the ladder.

I'm so happy for and proud of her I could explode!

Okay, thanks for letting me vent some steam. :side:

Mark

daryl

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:50 pm

How very exciting for you and her! Fingers crossed.

crieniecat

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Congratzzzz
Being proud of your spouse is great in every way ;)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Great news Mark congrats to the wife! Sounds like she owes you a nice new guitar :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic