Resolutions for 2019?

spinland

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:41 pm

I know, some folks aren't into the whole "New Year's Resolutions" thing, and I'm a little jaded about the trope, myself.

That being said, gonna break my own rules and make a couple of music-related ones, mainly because my related interest just happened to fall around this time of year. So there. :side:

So, during this coming year I resolve to:

[ul][li]learn to play the bass[/li][li]start playing while standing instead of while sitting[/li][/ul]

How about you?

TGNesh

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:44 pm

You're right, personally i'm not into that thing at all, which doesn't mean i don't have certain goals i'm trying to achieve. ;)

Yours sound great Mark. So, does that mean your next open mic you'll stand up? Have you tried it at home? Set up the mic, lyrics and such?

As for my nowaydays goals....(i'll stick to the musical ones). In thruth....I can't specifically think of any :dry: , except for the usual, which is always trying to improve as a teacher, wether in person or on camera. I keep enjoying working out arrangements for songs and such. So even though i don't neccessarily have specific goals, I do work and practice a lot. Actually today, my fingers are SO sore, that i had to switch to a nylon string guitar. :S Sure, that's a nice one as well. ;)

Anyway, so the bass for you as well, that's pretty cool! I'll be curious to hear about your journey for that one. :)

Ness

spinland

Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:11 pm

I've just (as of today) started trying acoustic while standing. Based on that attempt I see it will be some amount of time before I'm ready to do it while performing. :huh:

Turns out, at least for me, I can "cheat" while sitting and watch where my fretting fingers go. When standing that is much more difficult so the secret appears to be schooling my fingers to be able to find the chords without looking. That's what I shall now practice for some period each time I pick up a guitar.

On bass it seems easier to find the notes by feel for some reason. I don't understand why, except maybe I'm doing such simple bass lines there's less for my fingers to remember. That's my guess for now anyway. :side:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic