What are you up to? Drop by and say hi - poll inside

What’s stopping you from posting more or at all?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:58 pm

I’m too busy
25%
I don’t know how
13%
I’m having technical problems
No votes
I’m too shy
No votes
The forum is too quiet
38%
I would if more people did
No votes
I do but no one responds
25%
I don’t know
No votes
I don’t want to
No votes
Another reason - I’ll explain
No votes

Total votes: 8
michelew

Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m not spending much time on TG these days, life has gotten full of other stuff, but I’m dropping by from time to time to see what’s happening and to refresh my motivation.

Since the site has been revamped, forum participation seems to have fallen off. I’m wondering what you’re all up to, whether peoples’ posts are just being lost in the new set up and whether some of you are having trouble finding your way around or getting in at all.

I’ve created a poll, to find out why things are so quiet. If you say another reason, explain what it is. You can put down three choices.

I hope you’re doing ok and finding ways to keep sane.

I’d love to hear what people are up to and how you’re doing in these strange times. So if you can, say hi and tell us something about what your life looks like at the moment. I hope to hear from lots of old timers and lots of new people too.

Catch you later.

Shel

michelew

Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi everyone one,

I guess most of you not in a talkative mood or you’re somehow finding it challenging to respond to this thread. No worries I often feel like that too.

Thanks to those of you who responded to the poll. Some of you have the same reasons for not posting much as me. I notice someone chose the “I don’t know how option”. I’m happy to help. You can send me a private message (if you can work out how to do that, I just realised I don’t), obviously leave a few words here or fill out one of the help desk forms. I’ll come back and add a link soon. Somehow tell me, the community or the help desk crew what you’re having problems doing - what you don’t know how to do - and I’m sure one or many of us will be able to help you. Try not to be shy. Getting the forum going again will help everyone.

Contact the TG help crew here. memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin

Responses to frequently asked questions here - app.php/help/faq#f5r0

So one last question before I leave this thread alone. I ask this at the risk of deathly silence again.

Can you think of something that’s missing from the forum, that would make the difference for you, make the forum come to life again? There’s no wrong answer.

Catch you later

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic