Forum question - how do you subscribe to a thread now?

michelew

Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:00 pm

Hi people,

Anyone know how to subscribe to a thread now so that you get notified when someone responds?

I’m probably just missing it.

Thanks in advance.

M

TGNeil

Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:06 am

Hey Michele,

Great to see you back in circulation! I hope all is well, or as well as possible in these times.

Looking at the FAQ, it says you just hit a button at the bottom of the thread, which I do not see. It must be a setting in the admin side of the Forum. Looking into it now.

Neil

UPDATE: Found it in the backend and activated it. There is a drop down tool icon at the bottom that includes it now.

michelew

Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Thanks Neil. The subscribe option is now available within the spanner box at the bottom of each thread.

Thanks for adding it.

It’s been a horrible year. But TG is still a place to get great advice, motivation, support, a few smiles and to connect with great people. It’s a refuge from this weird year.

I hope you’re doing as well as you can too.

Love

Michele

michelew

Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi @TGNeil

I’m just dropping by to let you know that I don’t think the thread subscription function is working.

I subscribed to my latest Layla thread, Ness responded, but I didn’t get a notification by email nor through the notification indicator at the top of the forum; I.e. the number next to the little bell, next to my name.

You’ll remember that the old TG forum used to send you an email with a copy of replies to posts that you subscribed to (followed). That’s what I was expecting.

Does it work differently somehow?

Thanks

Michele

TGNeil

Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:18 pm

Hey Michele,

Not sure but I am looking into it.

Neil

michelew

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:50 am

Hi @TGNeil,

I just got a red flashing notification at the top of my screen, notifying me that you responded to this thread. I’m not sure whether I missed it the first time or you’ve changed something, but it’s working within the TG site at least now.

Thanks.

Michele

TGNeil

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:41 pm

Michele,

Funny thing, I just noticed it now as well and it said I was mentioned in your post. That might be the way it works now, probably no email notification.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic