I would love to see more... (poll inside)

What do you want to see more of on the forum?

More frequent lessons
No votes
More challenges and competitions
20%
More collaborations, song creations and busking posts
30%
More stories about music gear
No votes
More progress videos and requests for advice
20%
More banter
10%
More stories about musicians
10%
More theory related posts
No votes
More silly stuff
No votes
All of the above, just more
10%

Total votes: 10
michelew

Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Well the most voted on option form the last poll I posted was that the forum is too quiet. So here I am again in an attempt to find a way to liven it up again. How can we get the forum buzzing again like it once did?

For those of you willing to add a post to this thread, complete this sentence:

“I would love to see more [blank] on the forum”

Simply fill in the blank.

For those of you who are too shy to respond in that way or too busy, I’ve created another poll, you’ve got three choices. What are your top three?And for those of you who can’t decide, I’ve added the last option. :)

For me, it’s more interaction and stuff happening in your music lives; especially more collaborations, creations and challenges, people posting fun stuff (like stories about open mics they’ve done, with videos) and progress videos. I guess that’s more than three :p

So what do you want to see more of?

Shel

daryl

Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:07 pm

I would love to see more [busking stuff] on the forum. Those were a lot of fun and made me learn complete songs. Now, if I pick up my guitar, I play about 2 partial songs and then just walk away. :-(

TGNeil

Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:41 pm

Daryl,

I agree 100%. Loved the Busking Channel. I will see if we can resurrect that!

Neil

michelew

Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:06 pm

daryl wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:07 pm
I would love to see more [busking stuff] on the forum. Those were a lot of fun and made me learn complete songs. Now, if I pick up my guitar, I play about 2 partial songs and then just walk away. :-(
Hi Daryl,

Great to hear from you. Yeh I also love the busking posts, just like Neil too. It’s always been great seeing people posting videos of whatever they’re playing and working on. And if it’s just for fun, then that’s somehow a different level of cool. I’ve love watching and being part of collaborations too.

I’m like you in that I sort of need a thing I’m working towards to keep me playing. Working on projects to post on the forum used to help me maintain my motivation, especially if I was collaborating with someone; you don’t want to let them down.

Of course lots of us used to post for all sorts of reasons:
- videos for review
- progress videos - to seek advice from the community, our TG gurus or just to share
- videos of group get togethers - musical mementos and sharing the fun
- open mics
- collaborations
- songs people wrote themselves
- busking.

Have I missed any? Oh yes - answers to challenges - they were huge fun too.

So for me more windows into peoples’ musical lives to share the progress and fun and keep us playing. Woo hoo!

If anyone is considering a post like this but not sure, let me assure you that there are lost if people like Daryl, Neil and me who love to see people’s posts.

M

michelew

Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:36 pm

BTW - I notice the three chord song three is still one of the most popular. Now that was fun!

viewtopic.php?f=209&t=21117

There are SO many fun posts in there, but I think this is probably my favourite.

Enjoy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic