genus package lesson 1

Grant4495

Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:14 pm

I have finished watching all of lesson one in the package. Is there something that I should be doing now? Any practice or exercises? I can't find anything that tells me what I should be doing or what to do next. Is there any kind of structure whatsoever to this?

Thanks,
Grant

TGNeil

Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:44 pm

Hey Grant,

Specifically which lesson(s) did you watch? And to get you on a path I would need to know more about where you are and where you want to be in a year, or even a month. This is how our KOA Program works with a personalized path laid out but get me some of those details and I'll give you some answers.

Neil

Grant4495

Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:07 pm

Thanks Neil for responding. After buying the "gold" plan, I ask "now what?" Your "support" said to go to the "acoustic genus series package" and sent me a link. I went to it and watched all 10 parts of "lesson 1" At no time, does it tell me what I need to do, practice, or give me any exercises to work on. That, however, may be an unrealistic expectation on my part at this point.

So, Let me start here.
I have a (very) little experience playing. Mostly from sitting in a dorm room many years ago. I know a few chords in first position, A, Am, G, G7, E, Em, D, Dm, D7, F, C, etc. I haven't picked up a guitar in 20+ years though. So, I bought a nice new SEAGULL. Now, a couple of friends want to sit back and play. I would like to learn fingerpicking and general pick w/ finger picking combo playing and just be able to sit down in the pub next door w/ a buddy and have fun for a couple of hours in the early evening. I'm really not looking to burn the roof down musically. I'd also like to learn to how to "fill in" and embellish a little while another is playing the rhythm, etc. Any suggestions that you have have, including songs, types, etc. are welcome. I envision being able to play things from Wille to matchbox 20 and others.

Hopefully, this helps and we can get started.

Respectfully,
Grant

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic