“This video is private’… ???

michelew

Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:07 pm

Hi everyone. It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything. Life has taken a different turn for me of late and I just don’t have the capacity I once had.

I hope the TG/TL family is doing OK. Hi Neil and Nesh in particular.

It feels like this forum has changed heaps too. I was taking a trip down memory lane this morning - watching collaboration threads.

Unfortunately, many of the videos I wanted to watch had “this video is private” on them including a number that Daryl and I posted, but also other old timers.

My question - are these ones we uploaded to the site via the TG uploader, is it a YouTube issue maybe or something else altogether.

If anyone knows, I’d love to understand what’s happening.

Cheers

Shel

TGNeil

Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:50 pm

Hey Shel,

Great to hear from you and I hope things are going well. I believe there was a problem at YT a while ago and many videos did get converted to 'private'. Please let me know what links you used to try to see them and I will look into it. Were they mostly Student Reviews?

Neil

michelew

Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:18 am

Hi Neil.

I think you’ve nailed the problem.

I reclassify some of mine that weren’t working. But the others were from other TGers

I was jumping around a fair bit and didn’t take notes.

I did stumble on one that was a request for review. But no idea which one.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful. I was mostly jumping around the collaboration threads; there has been so much good stuff in there over the years.

If anyone’s reading this who’s posted YouTube videos, you might want to reassess their status on YouTube.

In truth I left some of mine as private as they made me cringe a little. :) but at the time it was all helping with progress.

I really must play more. Watching the forum stuff always reminds me of that.

So keep playing and I’ll catch some of you soon.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic