Gordon Lightfoot's Beautiful

Do you have a band or artist you want everybody to hear or see? This is the place to share some of your favorite listens.
neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:11 pm

No puns intended but it is one of Gord's most beautiful songs. Neil's lesson but I decided to strum instead of pick. Took me a while to get my head around how to sing it but I could listen to Corina sing it in another key and could finally work it out! :D

Craig

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Nice job Chris. Your guitar sounds great and the vocals were really nice! You're lucky to have Corina nearby!

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:25 pm

Thanks for listening in Craig!
The Takamine sounds great plugged in with a little reverb and chorus 👍.... and having Corina as my singing coach is a bonus! 😊

Chris

GeeWhy

Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:54 am

Although I have some anthology of Gordon's and bought an instructional DVD by Pete Huttlinger, I'm mostly familiar with his hits. That DVD is buried in a box somewhere next to Pete's Croce and Denver instructionals. It's been so long I can't recall if I learned any of those songs. This sounds slightly familiar. I'll have to check out the original.

I've always been partial to If You Could Read My Mind. Amazon prime has a nice documentary on Mr. Lightfoot. I was surprised when Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson (RUSH) made appearances in it. He was a big deal even to Canadian rockers.

Thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate that. If not, Happy Nov 25th.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:06 pm

Thanks for listening GeeWhy!
Gord is one of my favourite songwriters and If you could read my mind is my favourite song.
I love his story telling.
No thanks giving here.... turkeys are safe until Christmas 😊. But I shall make it a happy day and play a few songs 👍

jayswett

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:12 am

I have watched many wonderful videos of yours over the years, and this was my favorite. You captured that song perfectly.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:03 am

Great to hear from you Jay!
Thanks so much for listening in and for the continued support over the past 10 years!
I love this song and its taken a while to get it right.... especially the singing.
I feel I am reaching my goal of being able to play these songs without error and with the expression they deserve 👍.

Good to know you are still out there listening..... and hopefully playing too!

Chris

BobR

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:04 pm

Hey Chris,
Very cool song and very well played and sung of course. I had Neil show me some of this at the last camp.

Bob

michelew

Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:47 pm

Chris,

A big hello and a hug.

This sounds beautiful. Your singing was reaaallly nice too. What a lucky man to have a beautiful singing coach encouraging you along.

Give your singing coach a hug and kiss from me. Love to you both.

L

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:12 am

Many thanks for tuning in Bob and Shel :). beautiful is a beautiful song for sure! I certainly will pass on the hugs to Corina :)

Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic