GASSSSS...SSSS...SSS...SS..S...S....S.....S.......S..........S.........

wrsomers

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:30 pm

Oscar Kilo Mark. I'm looking forward to it :)

wrsomers

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:12 pm

wrsomers wrote:
Martin guitars are still king to me, but Taylor is great also. This last difficulty has been solved and although it was a pain, in the end I'm happy with the 324e. It will be my alternate tuning guitar. It sounds awesome in double drop D and I'm sure open D, G and DADGAD will sound equally good. It will appear in my next busking thread (not the one I just posted today).

Bill
Well folks, the Taylor 324e debut is not going to happen. Unfortunately, the electronics problem did not get solved. It was creating a ground loop hum in my system (my four other guitars didn't) and today it just gave up the ghost. Sweetwater was great about it and immediately gave me a refund and sent me a shipping label. It is on it's way back to where it came from as I write this. So Taylor makes some lemons too. The lesson learned is, I will never buy another quality instrument online. I've had success with that in the past, but this two month ordeal was not worth the savings.

Bill

dottmcse85630

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:33 pm

Desire never quits! I want more guitars! :P

I am very happy with my new Breedlove Oregon Myrtlewood I bought back in October. Plays beautifully! I hardly touch my 12 string now.
A few months ago I bought the TC Helicon Play Acoustic. Been fiddling with the guitar part, soon the voice. I just stink at singing (timing issues)

Now just a week ago I purchased a BeatBuddy. Going to fire it up this weekend.

What's next

Maybe another Taylor in the distant future? Been eyeing the 814ce. But who knows when another pretty girl will come along and steal my heart? Heck I even have a slightly broken cheap Kona guitar at work that I play during lunch, sound is ok but excellent for the practice time and I like it too.

Dennis

michelew

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Bill - sorry to hear that. That's a hassle indeed. Actually I need to take a guitar to the doctor because it has a rattle, which I think is the wiring for the pickup ensemble hitting the body somewhere. Better luck next time.

Dennis - good for you. That sounds like a lot of joy. :) have fun and we'd love to hear some of them when you're ready to show them off.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Sorry to hear about the death of the 314 Bill, I can't imagine ever buying a guitar through the net... gotta hold it in my arms and know if she needs me :laugh:

Mark, we'll deal with any glut of videos you can hand us, its been done before and most enjoy and support all posted videos here so its a safe place.... and folks are always free to tune out anytime the want. TG is a better place with every video that gets posted.

Dennis, too right, we can never own too many guitars! Looking forward to hearing about your BeatBuddy.....

wrsomers

Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:18 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Sorry to hear about the death of the 314 Bill, I can't imagine ever buying a guitar through the net... gotta hold it in my arms and know if she needs me :laugh:
Yeah Chris, no more mail order brides for me :laugh:

Bill

spinland

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:13 am

Wow, Bill, what a horrific story! I certainly don't blame you for not wanting to go through a nightmare like that again. I can only imagine how frustrated and angry I'd be. :blink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic