Thank you, Bart!

spinland

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Part and parcel of why TG is like family: I recently mused on one of the threads here that it would be cool to experiment with the real 12 string sound (as opposed to the effects I'm using). In less than a day Bart offered to ship me a loaner: not just some beater, but a pristine Taylor 655. :ohmy:

Music is truly the lingua franca that brings us together.

Mark

TGNesh

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:10 pm

:ohmy: :cheer: :woohoo:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Great! Typical Bart :)

daryl

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:20 pm

How cool is that! Hats off to you Bart.

Now Mark, if you really LOVE the Taylor 12-string (and you will) perhaps Bart might consider a cash offer??????

tombo1230

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Nice one Bart, very generous of you. :)

Tom N.

familyman4

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:45 pm

You are so welcome Mark! I am very happy to share my guitars (babies) with folks that want to try new sounds and experiences before they spend their hard earned money on one, just to discover that they won't be playing their new purchase. Plus, after I had the opportunity to meet you at IGC this year, I knew it would be in good hands :)

Anyway, I keep a few extra around the "warehouse" as it has come to be called just for such a reason. I also keep a few less expensive, starter type guitars around so when I have friends or friends children say they want to learn how to play, they can borrow a nice one for a while so mom & dad don't buy a guitar just to have it set in a corner for the rest of it's life. Mine are all set up with low action and light strings so their little fingers don't get so sore when starting.

Daryl, to reply to your statement to Mark: The "warehouse" is a lot like Hotel California, They can check out anytime I like but they can never leave! B) I might have the opportunity to add to the warehouse inventory once and a while, but selling them is really not an option I like to consider.

Enjoy the 12 string Mark! Maybe even a post later if you feel comfortable doing so. Would love to hear how you get along....

Be safe all...
Bart

spinland

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:48 am

There is certainly a learning curve associated with getting to know this lovely guitar!

I'm getting familiar both with keeping it in tune (an interesting challenge, I've read how the necks of these guitars are under a tremendous amount of stress) and with having to up my fretting accuracy game. Loving it! :woohoo:

I have it tuned to open G right now and to describe the tone as lush and beautiful would be doing it a disservice: it's so much more than that. :blink:

I shall certainly be adding one of these to my stable ere long, and no worries: I have no designs on the particular lovely. I'm in talks with my local shop owner right now. There are some very nice choices available there (none as high zoot as this Taylor but still quite nice instruments) and he's invited me to come in at my leisure and audition them when I'm ready.

Thanks again, Bart! I hope to be recording a tune I've been messing around with, and soon, and I'll endeavor to use this lass in it before I reluctantly return her to her loving home. :side:

Mark

spinland

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:08 am

Well, Bart, your generosity has thoroughly convinced me I need a 12 string in my stable for realz. I've still a ways to go in terms of upping my fretting hand's game to cope with the new challenge but I'm improving steadily.

I mentioned in my last post I was in talks with my local store owner (who, I may have also mentioned in the past, is a long-time gigging buddy of some of my brothers-in-law and treats me like family), well, yesterday I pulled the trigger on the one I decided upon. It's a lovely Ibanez that has all the features I wanted (cutaway thinline body, respected electronics, affordable cost) plus looks and sounds simply beautiful. He only had a demo one left so I'm waiting for a new one to come in on a special order (which will take just under a week).

I'm familiar with the Ibanez line of electrics, and this acoustic has been getting very good reviews (as well as just felt right when I held it). Store guys here also praise it highly. Here's a screen capture of the listing from the Ibanez site:

I'll be getting with you sometime soon, Bart, possibly later next week, about arrangements for me to ship your lovely lass back to you. So many thanks again! :woohoo:

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic