Pick-y, pick-y, pick-y; the continuing saga of a woman in search of a new favourite pick

daryl

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:41 am

daryl wrote:
When I use a pick I use (0.53mm):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor ... nd-tin-box

12 picks for $5.00 (US). Image
Marc, Willem, Michele....yep these picks are magical.....

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:01 am

Haha, yes we do Willem, 'pick' sounds like.....uh :dry: ......well 'plectrum' is better! :P

willem wrote:
BTW,,in Holland we prefer the word plectrum..

Lavallee

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:12 am

daryl wrote:
daryl wrote:
When I use a pick I use (0.53mm):

12 picks for $5.00 (US). Image
Marc, Willem, Michele....yep these picks are magical.....

Sorry Daryl I did not realize you had mentioned Brain picks. When I am out of town quite often I do not login because it was a bit slow in the hotels, so when you look as a guest , you do not see the image, so I mist the image you posted which I would have concurred with you rather than posting it again.

Great picks

Marc

Lavallee

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:18 am

willem wrote:
Lavallee wrote:
When we met in Binghamton, Tammy had this brand of pick : Brain . They have this grip which is magical, It never rotates between the fingers. She gave me one (thank you Tammy) and I have been using it since. I keep forgetting to buy some at the store but I will as soon as my pea size memory gets in gear at the store. This is by far the best pick brand I ever tried. This pick never goes in the pick receptacle, it does not even move between the fingers. Because of the grip you do not have to hold it tight so the wrist is more flexible (just like golf ;) ).

You should try it Michele

Marc

Hi Marc,,when i look to them i think i buy me some it looks like the pick.. BTW,,in Holland we prefer the word plectrum..
Hi Willem and Vanessa, it is always interesting why a word is not use in another language. Pick is probably not use in Dutch because it is similar to a gross or embarrassing word. Would be interesting to know what (without getting into details ;) .Plectrum is also use in English (and French) but I am pretty sure pick is use way more often because it has one syllable, but also because it is easier to relate to picking.

Marc

daryl

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Marc, Not a problem. I was just trying to emphasize that Brain picks ARE great.....

michelew

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:09 pm

daryl wrote:
Marc, Not a problem. I was just trying to emphasize that Brain picks ARE great.....
Daryl,

They do look interesting. I haven't seen them here yet. Ill keep looking and definitely try one when I find them.
Thanks

M.

michelew

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:38 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Haha, yes we do Willem, 'pick' sounds like.....uh :dry: ......well 'plectrum' is better! :P

willem wrote:

I bet you Dutchies find the title of this thread pretty amusing.

:P

M.

BigBear

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Hahaha, you could say that again yeah, who knew????!!! :laugh: :lol:

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

willem wrote:

I bet you Dutchies find the title of this thread pretty amusing and inconsistent with what yi know about me.

M.

michelew

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Keep them guessing I say.

willem

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:45 pm

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

willem wrote:

I bet you Dutchies find the title of this thread pretty amusing and inconsistent with what yi know about me.

M.

Not really Shel,,but on one moment it came to mind and i told Marc what we prefer,,,,,plectrum.. it is a great thread and even more if you google '''FOTOS FROM PICKS ..NOT PIK!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic