Wobble

michelew

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:19 am

Hey Dott!

It's definitely good to try different approaches. Have you tried a strap? I prefer to use one even while sitting. It just provides extra stability and frees up your left hand to fret rather than having to support the guitar. The classical approach and a foot stool apply a similar level of support.

A strap works if you balance your guitar on your left leg or in the middle of your body at least.

Anyway, you may find the change helps. The strap needs to be tight enough that it's providing real support of course.

Good luck.

Michele

TGNesh

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:35 am

:laugh: :laugh: If you only knew what's further down the road! :P

I'm glad to hear things are working more and more for you Dennis. And indeed laugh during the process! ;)

dottmcse85630 wrote:
Update: Been trying the "Classical Method" explained in a video by Neil. Seems to have better stability with the neck overall. A bit of an adjustment getting used to the finger placement on the chords, not too bad, just a bit different.
Truth be told! I think this is a Neil and Vanessa ploy to have a newbie guitarist exercise muscle groups that were NEVER intended to be exercised. Wait a minute perhaps I am not holding my mouth just right, maybe that is in a lesson further down the road?

Anyhow techniques I have leaned here have dramatically improved my laughable performance.

michelew

Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Why do I suddenly hear. "MWah Ha Haaaaa" in a deep-ish commanding voice and see images of a certain someone rubbing their hands with mischievous glee. ??????? :) :P :woohoo: :silly:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic