Free Falling

Neil replies to questions from our members.
BigBear

Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Same goes for Hollywood!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, it's like " I love your music, just shut up and play it. I don't need to hear how badly you hate your country while raking in millions"! And Hollywood. Don't even get me started!!! :angry:

Did you ever notice that stinking rich athletes rarely express their political views? They, or their managers, are smarter than we think! :cheer:

Music Junkie

Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.........

cabro

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:18 pm

BigBear wrote:

MJ- I like Petty too! Especially the stuff he does on electric 12 string that sounds like the Byrds!
Some years back after TP hijacked Bob Dylan's band, some one asked Dylan what he thought about Petty and he said "He does a pretty good Roger McGuinn."

Chris

AndyT

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:27 am

Its pronounced 'HolyWEIRD'. and celebs and famous people along with politicians and really rich people should have to suffer mandatory penalties twice what the normal person does. Their position is a big influence and they should be held accountable for it. No more congressmen floating checks and bouncing credit cards all over town.

BigBear

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:34 am

cabro wrote:
Some years back after TP hijacked Bob Dylan's band, some one asked Dylan what he thought about Petty and he said "He does a pretty good Roger McGuinn."

Chris
That's perfect! I hadn't heard that one before. It's so true. I'm a big McGuinn fan! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:48 am

BigBear wrote:
cabro wrote:

Chris
That's perfect! I hadn't heard that one before. It's so true. I'm a big McGuinn fan! :cheer:
Chances of 12 string lessons not good, if you recall the Hotel california comments. Shame really I like the Byrds

BigBear

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:32 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Chances of 12 string lessons not good, if you recall the Hotel california comments. Shame really I like the Byrds
I think learning the 12 string is more stylistic than anything. For example Roger McQuinn used a very distinctive pick and two fingers (with metal fingerpicks) style on his classics like Mr. Tambourine Man, Turn, Turn, Turn and Eight Miles High. And some cool modifications to some weird chords.

I'm not sure what lessons would be appropriate except maybe how to play the 12 with other guitars. Most of the lessons I've seen for 12's are just embellishments of 6 string lessons and have been pretty unsatisfying! :cheer:

AndyT

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:39 am

I'm glad you like byrds Chas, but as a pilot, I'm just not thrilled with them. They have a really bad habit of hanging out right where I want to take off at.

BigBear

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:41 am

AndyT wrote:
I'm glad you like byrds Chas, but as a pilot, I'm just not thrilled with them. They have a really bad habit of hanging out right where I want to take off at.

They make kind of a cool sound when they hit the prop!!!! LOL! :lol:

AndyT

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:43 am

Oh yeah. Its cool for all of 2 seconds till you realize you just lost all your lift. Skyjacking little critters...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic