Different version

Neil replies to questions from our members.
jrux

Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:19 pm

why is the play through on landlide totally added with vocings that are not taught in the lesson?

rcsnydley

Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:06 am

I copied this from a similar thread. Here is Neil's answer.

From Neil

I have a few lessons where the Play Through is done differently than what is presented in the lesson. Some of the songs I do this with are Madman Across The Water, Who'll Stop The Rain, Wish You Were Here, and Ripple. Most of those include playing multiple parts together, turning it into an instrumental solo.

Most of the lessons in the Song Library are designed to teach you how to play the song, as if you were the guitar player in the band, or to play and sing it by yourself. The solo instrumental versions of many of them will be added as I get to more of the advanced lessons.

Neil

Keep Playing
Ric

jrux

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:29 am

If there are not any other requests please put the lesson for landslide that is played in the playthrough. thats the version that is impressive, the regular strumming version and solo are not challenging.

jrux

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:31 am

are you using a mixer to add tracks in background, or is the landslide playthrough one guitar just you playing?

spinland

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:48 am

jrux-

Are you saying that Lindsey's solo is not that challenging? It is perfectly appropriate for the song but he is no Jan Akkerman. I might get to my instrumental solo someday but it was pretty much improvised so I can't promise it will be much like the one you see in the TARGET lesson.

These types of arrangements are things everyone has to be able to create on their own, and they should be different every time. I am still working on how to teach this skill online but it is a ways down the road.

Let's stay in touch about this...

Neil

P.S. "mixer to add tracks"? ...you're kidding, right?... way too technical for me!

jrux

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:08 pm

can you tell me if you used a mixer to play the landslide playthrough. Is that part played at once by you, meaning the lead harmoney and melody. I want to learn that and i am a paying customer please put out the lesson that shows how you play the song in the playthrough, if you use a machine to play one part while you play simutaneously thats fine just let me know how its done???

AndyT

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:10 am

He played it right there as you watched it. He likely can not teach that version since he made it up as he played it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic