whats true,whats not true''example in hallelujah''

Neil replies to questions from our members.
willem

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:23 am

Hello, whats true?? Neil said on the E chord (for example in ''HALLELUJAH'') you can play it without to grip that chord because you don't use the fingering strings, my question, i have heard from somebody when you don't they vibrate with it and you must grip the chord alway's, what's true

AndyT

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:36 am

Both answers are correct. It depends on the song.

Chasplaya

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:54 am

I'm not so sure about that I reckon when you play partial chords its integral to the song if your picking strings then the ones you leave out don't sound. If you were strumming different story

willem

Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:31 am

Chasplaya wrote:
I'm not so sure about that I reckon when you play partial chords its integral to the song if your picking strings then the ones you leave out don't sound. If you were strumming different story
oke, but look when you tune you guitar with your tuner,you must stop the underbeneath string,otherwise you can not tune the string,i understand when you are strumming you must grip the whole chord, but what when you are picking,for example you play the Em but you don't need the lower B and E note in there....

Chasplaya

Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:55 am

As long as the notes are E.B.G its an Em so in open position the notes not fretted are still E.B. G

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic