Metronome Used On Lesson Videos

Neil replies to questions from our members.
dleewebb

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:53 pm

Trivial question I know, but I'm in the market for a metronome and I'm curious which one Neil uses on the lesson videos. Is that something that I'm allowed to know?

AndyT

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 pm

Of course you're allowed to know. I just don't know if he's ever told us before. However, there is the Live sessions and I seem to recall him mentioning it in the first one.

dleewebb

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:31 am

AndyT wrote:
Of course you're allowed to know. I just don't know if he's ever told us before. However, there is the Live sessions and I seem to recall him mentioning it in the first one.
Thanks for the response, but I can't find it. Does anyone know what metronome Neil uses in the video lessons. TIA

TGNeil

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:44 am

Sorry this has taken so long- No secret, I may have mentioned it somewhere but the easy answer is that it is a Seiko, model SQ 100-77. I like that it has 2 sounds; the usual electronic beep (kind of like a hospital monitor as far as I'm concerned), and a wooden block sound, which is what I use.

It also has functions to accent the first of any number of beats and subdivide a beat into common divisions; two eighths, triplets, four sixteenths...

In the US, I think they run around $100, a bit pricey nowadays, but years ago when I got it it was the cutting edge.

Neil

dennisg

Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:40 am

TGNeil wrote:
Sorry this has taken so long- No secret, I may have mentioned it somewhere but the easy answer is that it is a Seiko, model SQ 100-77.
That model has been discontinued.

dleewebb

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:28 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Sorry this has taken so long- No secret, I may have mentioned it somewhere but the easy answer is that it is a Seiko, model SQ 100-77. I like that it has 2 sounds; the usual electronic beep (kind of like a hospital monitor as far as I'm concerned), and a wooden block sound, which is what I use.

It also has functions to accent the first of any number of beats and subdivide a beat into common divisions; two eighths, triplets, four sixteenths...

In the US, I think they run around $100, a bit pricey nowadays, but years ago when I got it it was the cutting edge.

Neil

Neil,
Thank you for your response, for the music, and all of the great lessons. I'm a teacher and I really appreciate your teaching style. Unfortunately, the post immediately above indicates that that Seiko metronome has been discontinued. I'll keep looking. Thanks again...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic