David Francey

Neil replies to questions from our members.
martinibates

Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:40 am

Hi,

Just a recommendation - David Francey and wondered if anyone else knew his music. I came across him while holidaying in Nova Scotia a few years ago. Great acoustic folk. He has a number of albums out there and can be found on U Tube. I recommend Late Edition and Skating Rink. It would be good to see some of his songs tabbed (I haven't come across any song books for him).

Cheers

Martin

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:56 am

Yeah, I like it Martin. thanks for the recommendation and welcome to the forum! I was in Nova Scotia 18 years ago and like the sounds I was hearing a lot.

Chris

tombo1230

Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:41 am

martinibates wrote:
Hi,

Just a recommendation - David Francey and wondered if anyone else knew his music. I came across him while holidaying in Nova Scotia a few years ago. Great acoustic folk. He has a number of albums out there and can be found on U Tube. I recommend Late Edition and Skating Rink. It would be good to see some of his songs tabbed (I haven't come across any song books for him).

Cheers

Martin
Hi Martin,
he was born in Scotland and emigrated to Canada when he was 12. His accent is a very strong Scottish one considering how long he has been away from his homeland. Excellent singer.
Thanks for sharing. :)

p.s. All of his albums are available from

or here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_ ... Caps%2C296

Tom N.

jayswett

Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:23 am

Great song. I will check out the other recommendation.

I am reminded of Tovo's post of 2ish years ago asking for recommendations of groups he had never heard of.

Here's another song from Andy Belt and Friends.

TGNesh

Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:47 am

Hi Martin, don't forget to add this song to the 'recommend a lesson list', that way others can vote etc.

Cheers,

Vanessa

dtaylor

Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Don't mean to piss on anyone's chips but does he play an instrument or just sing?
Sounds great though, and if he writes the stuff he's very talented. Just saying. No offence.

martinibates

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:28 am

Glad at least a few others kn ow of David Francey / have enjoyed the recommendation.

Martin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic