changing chords, how many ways to that?

Neil replies to questions from our members.
willem

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi Neil, you learn us changing chords by lifting the hand on the and of beat four(or three,etc), this is a great way..

Are there more ways for changing chords smoothly or musical lets say with accountability
Refferred to strumming not fingerpickin

Willem

michelew

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:14 am

Hey Willem,

I'm not sure if this is answering your question or not. I'm pretty sure you know this already. But, if I need to move to a new position on the neck and one or more of my fingers will still end up on the same string, I prefer to slide my hand down keeping the relevant finger(s) in contact with that string(s). That is as opposed to lifting the whole hand of course. It's smoother, quicker and you're less likely to misplace the other fingers because you already have a guide.

If this doesn't answer your question, oops! Maybe you're referring to timing instead, which of course depends on the song you're playing too.

M

michelew

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:28 am

Hey Willem,

I may have completely misinterpreted your question, but regardless having the answer I gave you above on the top of my head has made me think of another way to tackle a transition I'm having a little trouble with in Nick Drake's River Man.

So thanks!

m

willem

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:58 am

Thx Missshel,, yeah it has more to do with rhytm and timing and maybe I should have said open position,I see a lot of teachers on the net and never seen one that teaches changing chords like Neil teaches us, so a bit more anwsers on this would be nice. Or an opinion.

I know that stuff with guiding fingers,in open position it rings very nice ..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic