The Stereophonics - acoustic versions

Neil replies to questions from our members.
martinibates

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:09 pm

I've been a fan of the Stereophonics since there first album 'Word Gets Around'. I have a few of their song books, but hadn't realised until recently that on YouTube there are a number of tracks performed recently with just Kelly Jones playing an acoustic, either on his own or with an acoustic base. If you're like their music they are worth a look (just type in Stereophonics acoustic). Kelly Jones's voice is as good as ever.

TGNesh

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:24 pm

Nice!! I love acoustic versions! :)

dtaylor

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:46 pm

Agreed, this is a favourite of mine, there's just a few details in this version which elude me. It would be a great lesson.

chacho

Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:45 pm

I recorded the very program last night on Sky Arts 1 ( English tv ).
I will look forward to watching it later as I'm a fan and he is such a talented guy.

I remember watching him on the Ronnie wood show.

TGNeil

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:34 pm

dtaylor wrote:
Agreed, this is a favourite of mine, there's just a few details in this version which elude me. It would be a great lesson.

Hey Gang,

What a cool song. This would make a great Community Project as the video pretty clearly shows a lot of what is happening and a room full of ears should be able to make out the rest.

Dean- If you have most of it let's let other weigh in on what they think is happening but maybe you could start with the spots you are not clear on, by time in the video, before giving away too much. Maybe I will make a video with some hints in a few days if a few people jump on board.

Neil

dtaylor

Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:22 am

TGNeil wrote:
dtaylor wrote:

Hey Gang,

What a cool song. This would make a great Community Project as the video pretty clearly shows a lot of what is happening and a room full of ears should be able to make out the rest.

Dean- If you have most of it let's let other weigh in on what they think is happening but maybe you could start with the spots you are not clear on, by time in the video, before giving away too much. Maybe I will make a video with some hints in a few days if a few people jump on board.

Neil
It's just the chorus from 1.15 to 1.39 I'm not 100% on. I'm sure I should be able to work it out with a bit of effort though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic