song surgeon software

Neil replies to questions from our members.
macado

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:12 pm

Neil, I noticed you highly recommend song surgeon to slow down songs to analyze. I think this software would help me greatly but was also wondering if you would also recommend video surgeon as well. If I was to invest in it would it be able to slow down your videos as well?

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Welcome macado! I'm not sure you can run the lesson videos through anything.... wouldn't you have to download the lessons to do that... and you can't download the lessons. I'm sure someone who knows more will be along shortly....

TGNeil

Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi Macado,

I believe Video Surgeon will work with YouTube but not with TG videos, as Chris pointed out. But are there any specific lessons that you need slowed down sections? Many of the more complicated ones do include them.

Neil

TGNesh

Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:08 am

Hi Macado and welcome!

I use both software. I don't use them in a very fancy way though (both have lots of features and functions), just usually to slow it down, or to change the pitch and with VS to zoom in. Both software can do that easily. So if I had to choose now I'd go for VS, since it also allows me to watch and zoom into a video. Two for the price of one I'd say. Then again SS also has for example an equalizer and a voice-reduction function. I never use it though. So it's about what you're looking for obviously.

Both work perfectly fine with YouTube or with your own video recordings that you import. But indeed, not with TG-videos, they're secured, with good reason I'd say.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Vanessa

macado

Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Thank you all for your quick response to my inquire. I'm a beginner and was just looking for something to help me along the way a little faster. I find myself pausing the video and rewinding back to review Neil's instructions and thought a looping software would help me save some time. Also, if I could slow it down a little to focus on the difficult parts it might help. I think Neil is a wonderful instructor and since I became a member I have progressed quite well with his help. Thanks. I also am aware that there is no substitute to practicing and applying myself. I'll keep on twanging as my wife refers to my learning....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic