Sleight of Hand

Neil replies to questions from our members.
cavi

Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:12 pm

So I am working on your piece. It is coming along, but at this point I would be happy with playing it at the speed you play in the split screen versions. Is this a good starting point?

TGNeil

Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:07 pm

cavi wrote:
So I am working on your piece. It is coming along, but at this point I would be happy with playing it at the speed you play in the split screen versions. Is this a good starting point?
Hey Cavi,

I am happy to hear you are working on this. It is very challenging and I really encourage anybody taking it on to master it slowly before even thinking about speeding it up. There are quite a few short segments in the first part that can be treated as individual projects so you don't have to have all the parts at the same level before speeding up any of them.
The second section, with the hammer ons and pull offs on the bass strings is almost a different piece, as is the flying up and down the neck section. I guess I am saying that it really is a suite of short pieces, which does make it reasonable to treat each part as a separate project.

Neil

cavi

Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:44 pm

thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic